Operations Manager - New Biomass Power Plant
|Job Title:||Operations Manager - New Biomass Power Plant|
|Location:||Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||August 06, 2018 14:45|
Operations Manager - New Build Biomass Plant
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Astute are working exclusively with the O&M Contractor on the world's largest Biomass Power Station in the North East of England. Our client are global experts in Clean Energy production, covering Solar, Wind, Hydro, Thermal, Nuclear and CHP sectors. Last year, globally, they produced over 73TWh of electricity.
Utilising the latest clean energy technology, the Power Station will use the world's largest circulating fluidized bed boiler. Fuelled by biomass pellets this will produce 299MW of electricity, enough power for up to 600,000 homes.
This is an exciting project which puts the North East at the forefront of Energy production in what is a period of growth and investment for the region.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the General Manager as Operations Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the safe and efficient operation of the plant on a daily basis, in line with company objectives and strategy.
- Ensure the plant is running to specification, implement any changes to enhance operational efficiency vs cost effectiveness.
- Maintain control over the operational budget as set out with the annual budget for the entire site.
- Preparing reports on operational activity, fuel and consumable usage along with performing site audits for compliance reports.
- Recruit, train and develop the Operational Team on site and be a key figure in the mobilisation of the Power Station.
- Take part in the planning and coordination of annual shutdowns / outages, liaising with the Maintenance Team for troubleshooting and diagnosis of equipment.
- Deputise when required for the Technical and maintenance Manager.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Ideally qualified to an ONC / HNC / HND level with a relevant Engineering discipline
- At least five years supervisory experience in a Power Generating environment (as Senior Engineer/Shift Manager/Shift Charge Engineer/Shift Team Leader etc)
- Qualified with a NEBOSH or IOSH or another relevant Health & Safety qualification
- Experience of working in a Power Generating site, this can be on a CCGT, Biomass, Energy from Waste, CHP, Utilities etc
- Working experience as a Senior Authorised Person (SAP) on Mechanical, High Voltage and Low Voltage
- Experience in the mobilisation of a new build Power Station
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive salary with an excellent benefits package
- Site Bonus
- Opportunity to work on the world's largest Biomass Power Plant
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
QA / QC Manager - New Biomass Power Station
Mechanical Technician - Biomass Power Station
Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
Overtime + Benefits
Mechanical Technician - Biomass CHP Power Station
£35000 - £40000.00 per annum + overtime + benfits
EC&I Technician - Biomass Power Station
Shift Operations Technician - EFW Power Station
£40000 - £41000 per annum + bonus, pension