Operations Manager - Energy from Waste
|Job Title:||Operations Manager - Energy from Waste|
|Salary:||£45000 - £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||August 05, 2016 16:44|
Operations Manager - Energy from Waste (Gasification)
Up to £50,000 + Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working with an international market leader within the Engineering industry who have recently moved into the Energy from Waste sector.
We are looking for an Operations Manager for their Gasification Power Plant, located in Hertfordshire just North of the M25.
This plant utilises Gasification Technology, combined with a Steam Turbine, to generate 10MWe which is enough to power around 7,000 homes. As an Energy from Waste plant using Refuse Derived Fuel, the plant will also be reducing approximately 90,000 Tonnes of waste from heading to a landfill on an annual basis.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Operations Manager duties will include:
- Ensuring the Power Plant operates within Environmental constraints and regulations at all times
- The day to day monitoring of Plant efficiency and directing the Operations staff to optimise the Plant accordingly
- Leading the Operations Team which consists of 5 Shift Team Leaders, 5 Shift Operators and 2 Day Operators
- Preparing the annual budget for the Operations department and work within this budget
- Liaising with the General (Plant) Manager, Engineering Manager, QHSE Manager and other relevant staff regarding projects, maintenance, outages, costing and programming of Plant improvements/projects
- Ensure compliance with the company's Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental management systems, policies and procedures, ensuring that systems are in place to maintain safe systems of work for company and contractors staff
- Working with the General Manager and Engineering Manager in the recruitment of an O&M team
- Deputising for the General Manager and Engineering Manager when required
If you have initial interest in the role, please get in touch and we can talk you through the position in more detail.
In order to be considered for this fantastic opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- At least five years Supervisory/Management experience in an Operations role on a Power Station. This can include Energy from Waste, CCGT, Coal or Biomass.
- Experienced Royal Navy Marine Engineers would also be relevant for this role
- HND/HNC or above, in a relevant Engineering discipline with Maintenance skills
- H&S qualification such as IOSH or NEBOSH with knowledge of Environmental Permits and Safe Working Environments
- Experience of managing budgets and in the training and development of staff
- Experienced in managing operational teams, shift rotas, resource planning etc.
- Steam Raising experience
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 221 600 and speak to Dan Grosvenor or Steve Utton who can tell you more
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Operations Manager - Energy from Waste Power Station
£53000 - £55000 per annum + car, bonus, pension
Civils Contracts Manager - Energy from Waste
Up to £74000.00 per annum
Health, Safety & Environmental Manager - Energy from Waste Plan
Civil Planning Engineer - Energy from Waste
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
EC&I Technician - Energy from Waste