|Job Title:||Operations Manager - Brand New Biomass Power Plant|
|Contact Name:||Arjun Patel|
|Job Published:||February 5, 2019|
Operations Manager - New Biomass Power Station
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We are looking for an Operations Manager to lead the Operations Team, managing the day to day activities and ultimately ensuring that the plant is operated in a safe and efficient manner resulting in the achievement of production targets.
This brand-new plant is based just outside of Northampton and processes 25,000 tonnes of waste wood per year to produce power which is exported to the National Grid.
Roles & Responsibilities
As Operations Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Overall responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of the plant
- Implement the company Health and Safety policy, EQHS manual/ company policies & procedures and statutory regulations ensuring they are communicated effectively
- Comply with the Environmental permit and Environmental Management system (EMS procedures)
- The day to day management operations staff including shift teams and operations day staff
- Manage all aspects of IED compliant steam raising, fluidising bed boiler and waste water treatment plant
- Setting an monitoring business KPIs and annual PDRs
- Overseeing 3rd party contractors
- Preparing the annual budget for the operations department for review and work within this budget
- Liaising with company directors and managers as well as external stakeholders such as contractors, principal client and the environmental agency
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Operations managerial experience in the power generation sector. This can include energy from waste, CCGT, coal or biomass
- Working knowledge of PER, PED, PSSE and HAZOP procedures.
- Knowledge of environmental permits, H&S issues and safe working environments
- A relevant technical qualification such as a degree/HND/HNC in an engineering discipline e.g. mechanical, electrical or C&I
- Health and Safety qualification e.g. IOSH or NEBOSH
- Understanding of Continuous Emission Monitoring Systems (CEMS) equipment
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary + benefits
- Opportunity to join a brand-new Biomass Power Plant
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com or dial 02392 288 282 and ask to speak with Arjun Patel who can tell you more
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.