Operations Field Support Technician
|Job Title:||Operations Field Support Technician|
|Salary:||£40000 - £44500.00 per annum + Benefits & Vehicle|
|Contact Name:||Becki Wensley|
|Job Published:||July 03, 2017 14:09|
Operations Field Technician - Landfill
Salary - £40,000 + Benefits, vehicle, Call out allowance
Locations - Essex
ASTUTE Technical are looking to speak to Operational Field Support Technicians/Engineers ideally with an electrical bias to work with the Operational team in the landfill gas sector. You will be supporting the Operations team with fault finding on reciprocating engines, gas plant, generators and electrical distribution systems and reducing downtime. This role is based in Mucking however you will be expected to travel to various sites, you will also need to be flexible to participate in a call out rota. (call out payment £4,500).
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring downtime is kept to a minimum
- Technical fault diagnosis, commissioning, supporting planned maintenance and carrying out planned and preventative maintenance
- Ensure all health & safety regulations are complied with, generate and implement change improvement, carry out inspections, audits etc.
- Complex fault finding on mechanical and electronic controls and instrumentation, reciprocating engines, LV & HV equipment
- Manage maintenance contracts and projects with line manager supervision
- Train and develop staff
- Keep up to date with current legislation, ensure sites operate in line with all the HSE, EA, COMAH etc.
- Other duties as required
The ideal applicant will have:
- A relevant HND/HNC/NVQ L3 or above
- A strong electronic or electrical background
- A background in either electrical distribution systems, power generation, renewable energy, marine engineering, landfill operations etc.
- Experience with operational systems such as SCADA
- Experience in HV switching, supervision/Leading/managing
- Engine maintenance experience on gas engines such as Deutz, Caterpillar, Jenbacher etc. would also be advantageous
- A full driving licence
This role is based in the Essex area however you will need to be able to travel to various sites within the company. The role is offering a basic annual salary of £40,000 with a £4,500 call out allowance plus company vehicle and benefits such as private medical.
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity to work within the renewable energy sector, please send in an up to date CV to email@example.com or speak to Becki for more information - 023 92 222 963.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Field Service Technician - Industrial Gas
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Up to £35000 per annum + car
Senior Shift Operations Technician Power Generation
Worthing, West Sussex
Up to £33000 per annum + bonus
Up to £34000.00 per annum
Up to £34000.00 per annum
EC&I Technician (Days)
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£45000 - £46000 per annum + call out, pension