|Job Title:||Operations Engineer - CHP|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||May 1, 2018|
Operations Engineer - Combined Heat & Power
Competitive Salary + Benefits
As Operations Engineer you will be responsible for looking after a CHP which imports steam from a neighbouring site and utilises a 14.5MW condensing Steam Turbine to provide Heat & Power through a District Heating Scheme for the City of Nottingham.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the General Manager as Operations Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- The safe, compliant and efficient operation of the CHP Station including providing leadership and management for the Operations Team.
- Implementing and managing the company SHEQ Policy, Safe Systems of Work and ensure work is carried out as defined by the Safety Rules
- Working alongside the Maintenance Engineer to develop and implement site wide use of the CMMS, to deliver maximum plant availability and overall performance
- Ensure compliance with the Environmental Permit.
- Take an active role in the management of contracts for external technical and engineering support
- Assume responsibility for the Operational budget
- Developing, revising and continuous review of the CHP's Operational procedures and strategy
- Deputise for the Energy from Waste General Manager as and when required
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- HND/ ONC / HNC in a relevant Engineering Discipline
- Prior steam powered electricity generation experience
- Knowledge of PSSR and relevant legislation such as Safe Systems of Work, Safety Rules, Permit for Work systems
- At least five years in a supervisory role in a Power Generation related role (ideally Steam)
- NEBOSH or IOSH or relevant Health & Safety Qualification
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits package
- Opportunity to work with one of the UK's largest Waste Management Companies
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.