|Job Title:||Operations Assistant - Energy from Waste|
|Salary:||£30000 - £34000.00 per annum + + Company Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||December 24, 2018|
Operations Assistant - Energy from Waste
South East London
Up to £34,000 + Benefits
We are looking for a Shift Assistant / Operations Assistant / Auxiliary Plant Operator to join the Operations Team of the UK's largest Energy from Waste Power Station. Supporting the daily activities of the Energy from Waste Plant, you will be primarily responsible for operating the crane, ensuring a steady feed of fuel is loaded into the Plant.
You'll also be involved in Operational duties such as conducting plant inspections, manual adjustments, control room operations and first line maintenance as and when required.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Shift Team Leader as a Shift Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Operating the Waste & Ash Crane and assist with the loading / unloading of the waste barges and associated plant in a safe and efficient manner.
- Monitor the waste bunker to ensure any materials not authorised to be incinerated are not loaded into the feed hopper.
- Carry out first line maintenance, plant inspections, manual adjustments, reporting of incidents as and when directed by Operators and Shift Team leaders.
- Ensure compliance with the environmental permit and report noncompliance to the relevant staff members.
- Carry out all actions in line with company HSE policy and legislation.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- An apprenticeship in a relevant Engineering discipline
- H&S qualifications such as First Aid at Work
- CITB mobile plant
- Working experience in using grab/bulk handling cranes
- Full and valid UK driving licence
This is an ideal role for someone looking for an entry position into the Power Sector with potential progression into a Shift Operator position on their new plant in a few years' time.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive salary up to £34,000
- Working as part of a Shift Rota
- Opportunity to progress into an Operations role within an EFW
- Company Benefits
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.