Operations & Maintenance Assistant x 6 - New Power Station
|Job Title:||Operations & Maintenance Assistant x 6 - New Power Station|
|Salary:||Up to £24000.00 per annum + pension, OT|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||July 06, 2018 17:13|
Operations & Maintenance Assistant x 6 - New Energy from Waste Plant
Competitive salary + benefits
We are currently recruiting for 6 Operations & Maintenance Assistants to join the new Javelin Park Energy from Waste plant in Gloucestershire. The OMA's will be responsible for ensuring a smooth and efficient operation of the delivery of municipal waste to the site as well as the processing and disposal of Incinerated Bottom Ash (IBA).
The Javelin Park EFW plant will combust residual waste at a rate of 190,000 tonnes per year and produce in excess of 14 MW to export to the grid, enough to power over 25,000 homes. This plant will also cut carbon emission by 40,000 tonnes and save local taxpayers £150million.
What will I be doing?
- The day to day running of the weighbridge
- Operating yellow plant, including forklift truck, telehandler and front-loading shovel
- Management and removal of the IBA (Incinerated Bottom Ash)
- Vehicle marshalling / controlling the tipping hall operation
- Maintaining clean working conditions in the fuel reception area, tipping hall and delivery routes
- Ensuring the constant availability of waste to be processed.
- Carrying out waste inspections and reporting non-conforming waste
What experience does role require?
In order to be considered for this vacancy it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- Experience of driving yellow plant (front loader, telehandler, FLT) is desirable, but not essential - training will be provided
- A strong teamwork ethic
- A flexible approach to working
- An ability to work in a changing, fast paced environment
- Experience in an industry such as waste management, quarrying, cement works, construction or steel would be advantageous
What's in it for me?
Successful candidates will receive:
- A competitive starting salary
- Overtime at 1.5x
- In depth training
- Opportunities to develop and cross skill to other disciplines within the business
- A chance to join a brand new EFW plant
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 221 600 and ask to speak with a member of the Power Team.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Engineering & Maintenance Manager - Power Station
£58000 - £62000 per annum + 10% bonus, pension
Electrical Engineer - Power Station
£50000 - £55000 per annum + 10% bonus, pension
Production Engineer - CCGT Power Station
Shift Operator - Biomass Power Station
Multi Skilled Technician - Power Station
Newhaven, East Sussex
Up to £41000.00 per annum + pension, OT