|Job Title:||Operations & Maintenance Assistant - Energy from Waste|
|Location:||Carluke, South Lanarkshire|
|Contact Name:||Becki Saunders|
|Job Published:||August 7, 2019|
Operations & Maintenance Assistant - Energy from Waste Plant
Competitive salary + benefits
We are currently recruiting for four Operations & Maintenance Assistants to join a new Energy from Waste plant in Lanarkshire. The OMA's will form part of a shift team and be responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of plant including monitoring and adjustment the material handling systems, gasifier, steam turbine and gas scrubbing equipment.
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the Shift Team Leader, as an OMA you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the entire process to ensure the safe & efficient operation of the plant
- Visual plant inspections and adjustments of a variety of equipment
- Fault finding and first line maintenance
- Reporting all defects through the CMMS system for the maintenance team
- Management and removal of the IBA (Incinerated Bottom Ash)
- Maintaining clean working conditions across the plant
- Management of waste & consumable deliveries and stock inventory
What experience does role require?
In order to be considered for this vacancy it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- Level 3 qualification (C&G, NVQ, Apprenticeship) in a relevant Engineering discipline
- Operational experience using a SCADA or DCS system
- A strong teamwork ethic
- A flexible approach to working
- An ability to work in a changing, fast paced environment
- Experience in a similar industry such as biomass, energy from waste, waste management, quarrying, cement works, petrochemical or steel would be advantageous
What's in it for me?
Successful candidates will receive:
- A competitive starting salary plus shift allowance
- Overtime at 1.5x
- Opportunities to develop and cross skill to other disciplines within the business
- A chance to join a brand new EFW plant during its commissioning phase
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 288 214 and ask to speak with Becki Saunders.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.