O&M Technician - New Build Energy from Waste
|Job Title:||O&M Technician - New Build Energy from Waste|
|Location:||Glenbuck, East Ayrshire|
|Salary:||Shift + Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||February 12, 2018 14:40|
O&M Technician - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Competitive + Benefits Package
Levenseat - Scotland
About the client…
Our client is a Global Business, providing leading technologies in the Minerals, Metals, Energy and Water industries across the world. Committed to sustainability, they are looking for people to join them who share the same values as they do. Focused on creating leading technologies, they aspire for excellence and building success together and for their customers.
With over 100 years in operation, this is an exciting opportunity to join the Business as they expand into the UK market as they have been awarded four contracts in the United Kingdom for Operations & Maintenance of Energy from Waste Plants and are delivering seven plants in total and there are more to follow.
We're currently recruiting an O&M Technician join the Operations Department of a state of the art Energy from Waste Power Station in Levenseat, Scotland. This plant is a UK first in combining a Fluidised Bed and Gasification Technology with Refuse Derived Fuel to produce approximately 12MW of Power for 18,000 homes.
Role & Responsibilities
As an O&M Technician you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the plant including pumps, water treatment plant, motors, boiler plant etc
- Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- Carrying out first line maintenance duties when required in order to keep plan running smoothly
- Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an NVQ/ONC/HNC in an engineering discipline
- Experience in operations and/or maintenance in a heavy process environmental involving steam raising (ideally power generation)
- Senior Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant Watch Keeping experience will also be considered
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
- Excellent proven leadership skills
Package and benefits...
- A competitive salary and shift pay
- Benefits including pension, holidays and more
If you are interested in this opportunity and want to discuss further, please contact Dan Grosvenor on 02392 288 286 or email a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Mechanical Engineer - New Energy from Waste
Electrical Engineer - New Energy from Waste
EC&I Technician - Energy from Waste
Office Manager - New Energy from Waste Power Station
£25000 - £30000.00 per annum
Lead C&I Technician - Energy from Waste Power Station
South East London, London
£45000 - £48000 per annum + pension, benefits