Nuclear Steam Supply System Engineer - Mechanical
|Job Title:||Nuclear Steam Supply System Engineer - Mechanical|
|Salary:||£45000 - £55000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Dan Bisset|
|Job Published:||May 08, 2017 16:58|
Nuclear Steam Supply System Engineer (Mechanical) - Nuclear New Build
£55,000 to £65,000
We are currently looking for recruit a Nuclear Steam Supply Systems Engineer to join one of the largest energy businesses in Europe. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the focal point for the first nuclear plants built in the UK for twenty years.
This position will see you heavily involved in the two nuclear new build projects in Somerset and Suffolk.
As part of the Design Authority team, you will be responsible for the mechanical engineering aspects of the new nuclear plant design and construction. Taking the responsibilities of the "Intelligent Customer" for the nuclear island systems, structures, and components.
You will be responsible for interacting with a wide range of stakeholders within the Design Authority Team, external bodies, and the regulator.
Duties and responsibilities will include.
- Acting as the intelligent customer for the design and safety case parts of the NSSS Systems, Structures & Components (SSCs)
- Supporting the development and substantiation of sections of the NSSS safety case.
- Design acceptance activities.
- Acting as the subject matter expert on all NSSS SSCs aspects.
Candidates will have a solid understanding of safety case production and substantiation, coupled with an understanding of Quality Assurance and design processes in a highly-regulated environment.
Detailed knowledge of Pressurised Water Reactor NSSS SSCs is desirable, however not essential.
Candidates will hold a degree level qualification (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering, alongside experience of working in the design and assessment of SSCs such as:
- Mechanical & fluid system design
- Pressurised systems design codes and regulatory requirements.
- Design, operation, and maintenance of large scale fluid process equipment (pumps, valves and heat exchangers)
- Equipment qualification
- Regulations & legislation pertinent to the Power & Nuclear industries.
How to apply
To apply, please call Dan Bisset on 02392 288 213. Alternately, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Mechanical Engineer- Nuclear
Electronics Engineer - Nuclear
System Test and Verification Engineer
£50000.00 per annum
Mechanical Engineer - Contract
Mechanical Design Engineer