Nuclear Quality Engineer
|Job Title:||Nuclear Quality Engineer|
|Location:||Wolverhampton, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£45000.00 per annum + standard package|
|Contact Name:||Dan Parker|
|Job Published:||November 18, 2016 11:24|
Nuclear Quality Engineer
Wolverhampton - £45,000
Astute are currently looking to recruit an experienced Quality Professional to a world leading engineering business with proven success delivering effective water, wastewater and ultrapure water treatment solutions to the UK nuclear sector. You will be joining a firm with over 200 years collective industry experience at an exciting time in it's development, and will contribute to ongoing growth via your innovative and passionate approach to your trade.
Your duties will include but not be limited to :
- Liaise with customers and third party inspectors on all matters related to Quality Control and Quality Assurance.
- Read and interpret specifications and drawings to obtain product information
- Able to inspect equipment to determine if the equipment is compliant with the drawings and specifications.
- Develop specific quality documentation as required by the Project.
- Develop inspection and test plans (ITP) based on customer requirements and company processes
- Carry out inspections to check if products meet with company and agreed client's contractual requirements.
- Able to review and understand the principles of welding and NDT to verify that welding and NDT procedures are suitable for the type of work undertaken.
- Ensure that other documentation received from vendors meets the relevant specifications.
- Review documentation returned from customers and able to work to address any comments made by them.
- Carry out supplier assessments and supplier evaluations.
- Oversee the production of end of manufacturing records to comply with project reuirements.
- Work with vendors to ensure that all notification points on the ITPs are correctly notified.
- Deal with non-conformances and customer complaints and to ensure they are accurately recorded and followed up in a timely manner.
- Liaise with projects, proposals and other internal clients and deal efficiently and effectively with any technical queries.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
As a key contributor to maintaining the company's outstanding safety record in this highly regulated industry you will be expected to complete all duties in accordance with ISO9001 and additional company quality requirements. You will, as a matter of course, maintain accurate and transparent records of all inspections undertaken, and be able to provide prompt reporting of projects inspected. To facilitate this you will naturally build strong relationships across all departments and contribute to the overall company goals by ensuring contractural requirements are met. Auditing internal process and compliance monitoring of the corporate Integrated Management System will assist you to provide first class quality performance delivery.
The successful candidate will fulfill the following criteria :
- HNC / ONC in a relevant engineering discipline.
- CQI or IQA qualified.
- Detailed knowledge of and experience of working within UK ONR regulatory requirements relating to quality.
- Experience of the Oil and Gas, Energy, and water treatment industries would be a definite advantage.
What's On Offer
In addition to a generous basic salary of £45k and recently refreshed standard benefits package you will be rewarded with the opportunity to join a forward thinking and innovative major player in the UK nuclear sector at a genuinely exciting time of growth for both the company and the industry in general.
How to Apply
Either hit Apply Now on the website, or for further information feel free to contact Dan Parker on 02392 222 961, via LinkedIn, or by email at email@example.com
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Project Control Engineer - Nuclear
Senior Electrical Engineer
£46250.00 - £47250 per annum + Car, Pension
Mechanical Site Engineer
Setting Out Engineer