|Job Title:||National Waste Transfer Station Manager|
|Contact Name:||Don Marsh|
|Job Published:||July 3, 2017|
National Waste Transfer Station Manager
Salary - Competitive + Benefits/Car
Location - Home based (Hampshire / West Yorkshire / Lancashire / Gwent / Cheshire)
We are currently seeking an experienced Manager from within the Waste Management Sector to manage our clients Waste Transfer Stations throughout the UK to achieve a compliant, safe and effective operation, ensuring that the WTS operation remains within Budget and to drive the expansion of the UK WTS network
Overview of WTS Manager role:
- To manage WTS operations in the UK in conformance with the site licences, PPC permits and any other statutory requirements.
- To grow the WTS network and capability in a strategic manner to meet the changing demands of industry.
- To work closely with The Director to meet the commercial demands of the business and look for synergies that can be developed.
- Ensure all the WTS managers are working closely with their regional sales teams to meet the demands of our customers and provide excellent customer service & satisfaction.
- Proactively contribute to senior management meetings on the running, structure and future direction of the treatment & Fuels division
- To continually strive towards the highest health & safety goals.
- To visit all the WTS in the UK on a regular basis to share best practise and improve liaison with other site operations.
- Responsible for the recruitment, training and development of the WTS management team. Ensuring teamwork, communication and development is a key focus, including regular support through 1:1 meetings, appraisals and other reviews.
- Manage and organise all training requirements for direct reports
- Work with the Human Resource department to ensure that procedures are being carried out correctly such as Absent Management / Disciplinary etc.
- Responsible for recruitment from interviews through to placement.
- To be responsible for PDR reviews and all aspects of HR for the WTS teams.
- To set, develop, maintain, and follow company procedures where they impact on WTS operations.
- To maintain the highest standards of housekeeping across all WTSs.
- To ensure systems are in place so aged stock levels are kept below permissible levels and are valued correctly to reflect the current disposal cost.
- To ensure stock is managed and stored in accordance with legislation, guidance and local procedures at all sites.
- To maximise the profitability of waste streams where possible and work with the sales team to grow the WTS operations in the UK.
- To develop new WTS outlets and continually seek cheaper disposal routes for the waste streams passing through the WTSs.
- Review margin analysis for all streams in and out of the WTSs and implement appropriate corrective actions to ensure margins are maintained.
- To ensure the WTS stock control system is the same across all WTSs.
- To ensure all necessary sampling and analysis is performed on containerised waste.
- To work with the WTS Managers to monitor and improve productivity and efficiencies, including those of the operatives.
- To set the annual WTS budget and control operational, labour and general WTS costs across the UK WTSs within the Budget.
- To ensure that all records required by statutory regulation and company procedure are standardised across all WTSs and maintained.
- To produce monthly reports containing the WTS KPIs, an explanation of the performance within the department, details of new streams and or disposal routes and any efficiency improvements.
- To assist in the planning of inputs and outputs to and from the WTS on a weekly basis.
- To leverage the geographical footprint of the UK WTS to minimise transport costs both in to and out of the WTSs.
- To perform all other reasonable duties and tasks as requested.
- Computer literate, particularly Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook. SAP experience.
- Good man management and interpersonal skills
- Good communicator (written and verbal)
- Results focussed.
- Commercially aware
This is a permanent, home-based role that will require regular travel to all WTS sites across the country. The package includes a competitive salary, Bonus Scheme, Company car/car allowance, Private Health, company pension scheme.
If you or anyone you know are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity to develop your career, please send an up to date copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com or call 023 92 222 964 and ask to speak to Don Marsh for more information.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.