Multi Skilled Technician - Power Station
|Job Title:||Multi Skilled Technician - Power Station|
|Location:||Newhaven, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£40000 per annum + pension, OT|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||October 09, 2017 11:54|
Multi Skilled Technician - Energy from Waste Power Station
Up to £40,000 + Benefits
Monday - Friday
We are actively recruiting for an Electro-Mechanical Technician to join the Maintenance Department of an Energy from Waste power station in the East Sussex area which currently uses approximately 210,000 tonnes of waste per year, enough to power roughly 25,000 homes. The Multi-Skilled Technician will ultimately be responsible for carrying out all PPM and reactive maintenance on all electrical and mechanical equipment around the power station ensuring downtime is kept to a minimum.
What you will be doing…
Reporting to the Maintenance Engineer, typical duties will include:
- Performing pre-planned and reactive maintenance tasks on a range of mechanical and electrical equipment including motors, valves, rotating plant, pumps, switchgear variable speed drives and conveyor systems
- Assisting during major maintenance periods, shut downs, outages etc. when required to ensure maximum plant availability and efficiency
- Working alongside other technicians in the maintenance team in diagnosing faults and assisting/suggesting equipment upgrades
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the site CMMS
- Supervising and directing on site contractors when required
- Working within the company health, safety and environmental processes and procedures at all times.
What you will need…
- A recognised engineering apprenticeship and/or HNC or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline e.g. mechanical or electrical
- At least 4 years of experience working in the maintenance team in a heavy process environment such as a power station, refinery, chemical plant or paper mill. Multi skilled Royal Navy Marine Engineers will also be considered
- Experience with CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management System) ideally SAP. This would be an advantage
What's in it for you…
- A salary up to circa £40,000
- 33 days holiday - days are given back for working BH
- An excellent opportunity to join the growing EFW sector
How to apply...
To apply for this opportunity, please send a copy of your up to date CV to email@example.com or call 02392 288 215 to speak to Steve who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Electrical & Instrumentation Technician - Power Station
North London, London
healthcare, pension, OT
Lead EC&I Technician - CCGT Power Station
C&I Technician - Energy from Waste Power Station
Mechanical Technician x 3 - New Energy from Waste Power Station
OT + benefits
Shift Plant Operator - EFW Power Station
£42000 - £45000 per annum + bonus, pension