MPT Mechanical Fitter - Energy from Waste
|Job Title:||MPT Mechanical Fitter - Energy from Waste|
|Location:||Leeds, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£34000.00 per annum + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||April 13, 2017 14:35|
Mechanical Fitter - Energy from Waste
£34,000 + Benefits
We are currently recruiting a Mechanical Fitter to join a new Energy from Waste power generation site located on the East of Leeds. Working as part of a rotating shift pattern the Mechanical Fitter will be responsible for carrying out pre-planned and reactive maintenance on all mechanical equipment on the Mechanical Pre-Treatment Facility at the start of the Energy from Waste process, to ensure all mechanical problems are rectified as a priority.
Reporting in to the Maintenance Manager, typical duties will involve:
- Performing fault finding diagnosis and pre-planned/reactive maintenance tasks on a range of mechanical including over-head cranes, motors, valves, pumps, conveyor systems, and shredders.
- Ordering and replacing stock
- Assisting during major maintenance periods (shut downs, outages etc.) when required to ensure maximum plant availability and efficiency
- Carrying out fault diagnosis on a range of equipment and effect immediate repairs
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the site CMMS
- Supervision and development of the fitter's mate
- Working within the company health, safety and environmental processes and procedures at all times.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
A Mechanical Engineering qualification such as a C&G/ONC/HNC
- At least 3 years of experience working in the maintenance department in a process environment. This can be a Material Recovery Facility, FMCG, Energy from Waste, Food Processing Plant etc
- Experience using a CMMS such as SAP or Maximo
- MEWP/Forklift qualified
- A flexible approach to working patterns. You will form part of a call out rota that includes some weekend work and bank holidays
Package and Benefits...
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for this role as follows:
- A salary of circa £34,000
- Company pension
- Excellent holidays
- The opportunity to join a brand-new facility
If you are interested in this opportunity or would like to find out more information, call Astute Technical Recruitment and speak to Dan Grosvenor or Steve Utton on 02392 221 600 or email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Plant Manager - Energy from Waste
Dudley, West Midlands
Condition Monitoring Engineer - Energy from Waste
£40000 - £45000.00 per annum + Car allowance + bonus
EC&I Technician x 2 - Energy from Waste
£42000 - £45000 per annum + 10% bonus, pension
Health & Safety Manager - Energy from Waste
£40000 - £42000.00 per annum
Mechanical Technician - CHP
Pension and Overtime