Mobile Plant Fitter - Hampshire - Up to £33k
|Job Title:||Mobile Plant Fitter - Hampshire - Up to £33k|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £33000.00 per annum + Van and overtime|
|Contact Name:||Chris Jones|
|Job Published:||May 12, 2017 17:44|
JOB TITLE - Mobile Plant Fitter
LOCATION - Hampshire
SALARY - Up to £33k, plus van, overtime, etc.
Our client is one of the UK's leading suppliers of integrated waste management and environmental solutions, providing a total waste management service for the reduction, reuse, recycling, recovery and disposal of waste. With a strong presence here along the South Coast and a broad range of waste facilities including ERF's, MRF's and WTF's, they are looking for a mobile fitter to provide field based services throughout Hampshire.
This role is based around a five day, 40 hour week, Tuesday to Saturday and van and fuel card will be provided.
About the role:
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Mobile Plant Fitter to join our clients small localised team based in the Hampshire area.
Your principle responsibilities will be to:
- Perform repairs to all types of plant or machinery. The machinery covers a broad range of equipment including Loading Shovels, Excavators, Loadalls, Fork-lift Trucks, Crushers, Compactors, etc.
- Diagnose the likely cause of reported equipment problems, in discussion with operators / supervisors and using specialised equipment, in order to provide the operator with any information for the work required.
- Identify the parts required to carry out the repair and order any parts. Determine expected time of delivery so that a service re-visit can be agreed with site and collect the necessary parts from the workshop on arrival.
- Undertake repair and service work on the machine to the agreed work plan, removing and despatching components for specialist attention and re-installing the original or replacement, to bring the machine up to the required standards.
- Inspect and test completed machine to ensure unit is operating to expected performance levels, reporting any further defects or suspect conditions to the operator to support the ongoing operational effectiveness of the machine.
- Complete all service reports and warranty documentation to enable the correct and timely charging of the operators
About your Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications;
- A wealth of practical experience and apprentice trained, time served as a plant fitter.
- Hold a current driving license, preferable an LGV desired but not essential.
- Efficient in the following tasks; Maintaining a wide variety of maintenance and repair procedures on yellow plant and other related machinery including tractors, Mechanical, Pneumatic, Welding, Hydraulics.
- Good communication skills are essential for liaising with the customers and fellow colleagues onsite.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-regarded Waste Management specialist working across a range of Hampshire based plants. With a range of Plant under your remit, across a broad range of sites, you will find every day has the potential to present you with a different challenge.
For a more detailed conversation please feel free to forward your CV to Chris Jones at email@example.com or call 02392 288214 for a chat about this and other potential openings.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£30000.00 - £36000.00 per annum
Maintenance Supervisor (nights) - Waste Processing - up to £40k
Maintenance Supervisor (days) - Waste Processing - up to £38k
£36000.00 - £38000.00 per annum
Electrical Engineer (nights) - Waste Processing - up to 38k
£36000.00 - £38000.00 per annum
Shredder Engineer - Basildon - Up to 36k
£34000.00 - £36000.00 per annum