|Job Title:||MEICA Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Joanna Hoddinott|
|Job Published:||August 16, 2017 16:03|
Do you want to work in a company where you can make a real difference? Do you like the sound of working with a manager who you can really engage with, and who takes the time to listen to your perspective? Where your opinion is valued? How about the prospect of being able to help shape the careers of junior engineers? Maybe you are frustrated at feeling like a number in a much larger organisation, where your ideas and voice is lost? Perhaps you don't like working in an overly procedural driven environment and have limited ability to be creative or progress?
If any of the above "feels" familiar, then please read on:
We are looking for a MEICA Engineer to join my client, a leading Water company in the South. This is the client who has been described by current employees as a company who "nurtures talent" and a "good and thoughtful employer".
The key actvities of the role are:
- Analysis of all available options and selection of technical solutions as appropriate,
- Design reviews in accordance with legislation, standards and specifications,
- On-site inspections and surveys,
- Help to drive technical excellence in the commissioning of plant,
- Ensure that all related sub-contractors complete their commissioning activities as agreed and that they meet the most appropriate Health and Safety Legislation,
- Over sea smooth handover, including planning are complete and robust for each project,
- Monitor the quality of deliverables,
- On site testing and commissioning.
The successful candidates will ideally have:
- The proven ability to form exceptional working relationship with the Operations and sub-contractor teams,
- HNC or a Degree in Engineering or equivalent and substantial experience in the relevant area,
- Will have experience in Operations and Commissioning in conjunction with MEICA engineering experience,
- Working towards EngTech or Incorporated Engineer is preferred but not essential,
- Good people management skills, team oriented with the ability to work closely with peers, with the ability to influence outcomes and staff who are not necessarily part of direct line management
- Technical Expert with the ability to exercise sound judgement and decision making in complex situations
- Good organisational skills
- Good technical report writing, editorial skills, and good oral communication.
The client offers a great basic salary and an excellent compensation package, plus a company van, and will provide training to enhance your knowledge of the water industry.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£30000.00 - £36000.00 per annum
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£25000 - £30000.00 per annum
£30000 - £35000 per annum
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
West Bromwich, West Midlands
£28000 - £32000 per annum
Service Engineer - South Humberside
£28000 - £30000 per annum