Mechanical Technician x 3 - New Energy from Waste Power Station
|Job Title:||Mechanical Technician x 3 - New Energy from Waste Power Station|
|Salary:||OT + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Arjun Patel|
|Job Published:||June 06, 2018 10:48|
Mechanical Technician x3 - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Competitive Salary + benefits
We are currently recruiting for 3 Mechanical Technicians to join the new Javelin Park Energy from Waste plant in Gloucestershire. The Mechanical Technicians will support the Mechanical Engineer in performing pre-planned and reactive maintenance of all mechanical assets on site.
The Javelin Park EFW plant will combust residual waste at a rate of 190,000 tonnes per year and produce in excess of 14 MW to export to the grid, enough to power over 25,000 homes. This plant will also cut carbon emission by 40,000 tonnes and save local taxpayers £150million
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the Mechanical Engineer, typical duties of the Mechanical Technicians will include:
- Fault finding and maintaining mechanical assets including pumps, gearboxes, valves, etc.
- Working in line with maintenance techniques and best practices
- To ensure compliance with the pressure regulations and lifting gear inspection requirements
- Assisting in plant developments and projects
- Supervising and setting to work on site contractors
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records on the site CMMS
- Assist in outage planning, scheduling and coordination
- To ensure the availability of plant spares
What experience does the role require?
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an NVQ / ONC / HNC in mechanical engineering or a similar discipline
- At least 4 years of hands on maintenance experience with mechanical systems including pumps, compressors, gearboxes, cranes etc
- Practical knowledge of process plant and equipment gained in a heavy engineering environment such as power generation, petrochemical, steel works, CHP plant, paper mill etc. Royal Navy Marine Engineers will also be considered
- Involvement in plant mobilisation and commissioning is desirable but not essential
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
- A highly competitive salary
- A contributory pension
- The chance to join a brand new EFW facility at the very start
How to Apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 288 282 and speak to Arjun Patel.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Shift Team Leader - New Energy from Waste Power Station
EC&I Technician - Energy from Waste Power Station
£40000 - £42500 per annum + benefits
Shift Team Leader - Energy from Waste Power Station
Newhaven, East Sussex
£49000 - £50000 per annum + 15% bonus, pension
Electrical Technician - Energy from Waste
Operations & Maintenance Assistant x 6 - New Power Station
Up to £24000.00 per annum + pension, OT