|Job Title:||Mechanical Technician - Site Utilities|
|Salary:||Up to £34000.00 per annum + Company Car|
|Contact Name:||Zubair Ahmed|
|Job Published:||December 6, 2018|
Mechanical Technician - Site Utilities
£34,000 + Company Car
We are currently recruiting a Mechanical Technician to work on a utilities plant that provides steam, heat and power to a nearby manufacturing plant. The Mechanical Technician will be responsible for carrying out pre-planned and reactive maintenance on all mechanical equipment around the site to minimise downtime and maximise plant availability. The role is semi-mobile and requires the technician to look after other sites in the area on occasion.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Site Manager as Mechanical Technician you will be responsible for:
- Performing pre-planned and reactive maintenance tasks on a range of mechanical equipment including pumps, boilers, compressors, pipework and steam systems etc. Some basic electrical work may be required
- Perform similar duties in at least one other site in the Cheshire area
- Maintaining a good level of housekeeping in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the site CMMS
- Pro-actively identify area for improvement and bring these forward
- Supervising and directing on site contractors when required
- Working within the company health, safety and environmental processes and procedures at all times.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant technical engineering qualification such as a C&G/ONC in mechanical engineering or similar
- Driving license is essential
- Previous experience working in the maintaining steam boilers
- Proven ability to fault find and problem solve
- A flexible approach to working patterns. You will form part of a call out rota that includes some weekend work
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualification would be desirable
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A salary of circa £34,000
- Company Car
- Company pension
- Industry leading training
- Progression opportunities
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 222 963 and ask to speak to Zubair Ahmed who can tell you more.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.