Mechanical Technician - Site Utilities
|Job Title:||Mechanical Technician - Site Utilities|
|Salary:||£32000 - £34000 per annum + OT, pension|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||February 01, 2018 10:17|
Mechanical Maintenance Technician - Site Utilities
£34,000 + Benefits
We are currently recruiting a Mechanical Technician to work on a utilities plant that provides steam, heat and power to a nearby pharmaceutical site. The Mechanical Technician will be responsible for carrying out pre-planned and reactive maintenance on all mechanical equipment around the site to minimise downtime and maximise plant availability.
Reporting in to the Site Manager, typical duties will involve:
- Performing pre-planned and reactive maintenance tasks on a range of mechanical equipment including pumps, boilers, compressors, pipework and steam systems etc. Some basic electrical work may be required
- Maintaining a good level of housekeeping in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the site CMMS
- Pro-actively identify area for improvement and bring these forward
- Supervising and directing on site contractors when required
- Working within the company health, safety and environmental processes and procedures at all times.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
- A relevant technical engineering qualification such as a C&G/ONC in mechanical engineering or similar along with a recognised engineering apprenticeship
- At least 5 years of experience working in the maintenance department in a heavy process environment - manufacturing, FMCG, paper mill, steel works, utilities plant, power station etc
- Proven ability to fault find and problem solve
- A flexible approach to working patterns. You will form part of a call out rota that includes some weekend work and bank holidays
Package and Benefits...
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for this role as follows:
- A salary of circa £34,000
- Generous overtime rates
- Callout payments
- Company pension
- Excellent holidays
How to apply…
If you are interested in this opportunity or would like to find out more information, call Astute Technical Recruitment and speak to Steve Utton on 02392 288 215 or email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Mechanical Technician x 2 - Energy from Waste
North London, London
£30 - £35 per hour
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£35 - £40 per hour
EC&I Technician - Power Generation
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£38000 - £38700 per annum + OT, pension
Senior Maintenance Technician - CHP
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire