Mechanical Technician - Power Station - EFW
|Job Title:||Mechanical Technician - Power Station - EFW|
|Salary:||callout + healthcare + OT|
|Contact Name:||Jane Walsh|
|Job Published:||January 09, 2019 10:53|
Mechanical Technician x 4 - Power Station
Competitive salary + OT + callout + healthcare
We are recruiting for 4 Mechanical Technicians to join the maintenance department of a well-established Energy from Waste Power Station in the North London area. The Mechanical Technicians will be responsible for pre-planned and reactive maintenance work on all mechanical equipment across the site to ensure plant downtime is kept to a minimum.
Energy from Waste is currently one of the fastest growing sectors in the UK's power industry offering secure, lengthy and challenging careers with great opportunities for development.
What you will be doing...
Reporting to the Mechanical Supervisor you will be responsible for:
- Performing planned and reactive maintenance work on all mechanical equipment including boilers, turbines, pumps, fans, compressors, hydraulics and conveyors
- Supporting the Mechanical Supervisor in the planning and coordination of site outages and project work
- Managing on site contractors and participating in the training of new staff
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the site CMMS
- Ensuring HSE compliance at all times
What you will need...
- A relevant technical qualification such as a City & Guilds, ONC, HNC in mechanical engineering or similar
- Experience in maintaining a wide range of mechanical plant including pumps, compressors, fans, gearboxes and pipework etc
- At least 4 years of hands on experience gained in a heavy process environment. This could be on a power station, chemical plant, refinery or a paper mill. Royal Navy Marine Engineers would also suit (LET level or above).
- A flexible approach to working routines/patterns as you will be part of a call out rota and may be required to work outside of normal working hours
What is in it for you...
This successful candidate will receive:
- A competitive basic salary + shift allowance
- Generous overtime rates
- A contributory pension
For more details on the package on offer please get in touch.
How do I apply?
To apply for this opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 023939 10039 and speak to Jane Walsh
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Mechanical Technician - New Power Station
ElectricaI Technician - Power Station
£37000 - £37925.00 per annum + benefits
Maintenance Technician - Biomass Power Station
Birmingham, West Midlands
Overtime & Benefits
EHS Manager - CCGT Power Station
Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
QHSE Manager - Biomass Power Station
Bonus & Benefits