Mechanical Technician - Power Station
|Job Title:||Mechanical Technician - Power Station|
|Salary:||£37000 - £38200 per annum + 10% bonus, pension|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||May 01, 2019 17:24|
Mechanical Technician - Energy from Waste Power Station
Competitive Salary + benefits
We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Technician to join an energy from waste power station in Cardiff. This plant will process up to 350,000 tonnes of waste; enough electricity to power around 68,000 homes. The Mechanical Technician will support the Mechanical Engineer in performing pre-planned and reactive maintenance of all mechanical assets on site.
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the Mechanical Engineer, typical duties of the Mechanical Technician will include:
- Fault finding and maintaining mechanical assets including pumps, gearboxes, valves, etc.
- Working in line with maintenance techniques and best practices
- To ensure compliance with the pressure regulations and lifting gear inspection requirements
- Assisting in plant developments and projects
- Supervising and setting to work on site contractors
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records on the site CMMS
- Assist in outage planning, scheduling and coordination
- To ensure the availability of plant spares
What experience does the role require?
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an HNC/NVQ/C&G in mechanical engineering or a similar discipline
- At least 4 years of hands on maintenance experience with mechanical systems including pumps, compressors, gearboxes, cranes etc
- Practical knowledge of process plant and equipment gained in a heavy engineering environment such as power generation, petrochemical, steel works, CHP plant, paper mill etc. Royal Navy Marine Engineers will also be considered
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
- A highly competitive salary
- Overtime at 1.5x
- A contributory pension
- The chance to join the growing EFW industry
How to Apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 288 215 and speak to Steve who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
EC&I Technician - Biomass Power Station
Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
bonus + benefits
Electrical Technician x 2 - New Power Station
Newport, Isle of Wight
Up to £35000.00 per annum + benefits
Environmental Health & Safety Manager - CCGT Power Station
Assistant Shift Team Leader - Biomass Power Station
£35000 - £37000.00 per annum + Benefits
Technical Sales Engineer - M&E Power Station Services
Bonus & Benefits