|Job Title:||Mechanical Technician - New Power Station|
|Contact Name:||Becki Saunders|
|Job Published:||June 6, 2019|
Mechanical Technician x 2 - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Competitive Salary + benefits
We are currently recruiting for 2 Mechanical Technicians to join a brand-new energy from waste power station, currently under construction, just outside of Bristol. This plant will process up to 320,000 tonnes of waste producing 32MW of power; enough electricity to power around 44,000 homes. The Mechanical Technicians will support the Mechanical Engineer in performing pre-planned and reactive maintenance of all mechanical assets on site.
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the Mechanical Engineer, typical duties of the Mechanical Technician will include:
- Fault finding and maintaining mechanical assets including pumps, gearboxes, valves, etc.
- Working in line with maintenance techniques and best practices
- To ensure compliance with the pressure regulations and lifting gear inspection requirements
- Assisting in plant developments and projects
- Supervising and setting to work on site contractors
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records on the site CMMS
- Assist in outage planning, scheduling and coordination
- To ensure the availability of plant spares
What experience does the role require?
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an HNC/NVQ/C&G in mechanical engineering or a similar discipline
- At least 4 years of hands on maintenance experience with mechanical systems including pumps, compressors, gearboxes, cranes etc
- Practical knowledge of process plant and equipment gained in a heavy engineering environment such as power generation, petrochemical, steel works, CHP plant, paper mill etc. Royal Navy Marine Engineers will also be considered
- Involvement in plant mobilisation and commissioning is desirable but not essential
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
- A highly competitive salary
- Overtime at 1.5x
- A contributory pension
- The chance to join a brand new EFW facility at the very start
How to Apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 288 214 and speak to Becki who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.