Mechanical Technician - New Build Energy from Waste
|Job Title:||Mechanical Technician - New Build Energy from Waste|
|Location:||Dunbar, East Lothian|
|Salary:||£34000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||July 18, 2017 09:52|
Mechanical Technician - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Up to £34,000 + Bonus + Benefits
We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Technician to join the maintenance department of a new build Energy from Waste Power Station on the East Coast of Scotland. The Mechanical Technician will play an integral part in ensuring the plants Mechanical equipment are maintained and in working order to ensure maximum availability.
Using state of the art technology, this plant will combust municipal waste at rate of 300,000 tonnes per year and produce in excess of 30 MW to export to the grid, enough to power over 39,000 homes.
Reporting in to the Mechanical Engineer, typical duties will involve:
- Fault finding and maintaining mechanical assets including pumps, gearboxes, valves, etc.
- Working in line with maintenance techniques and best practices
- To ensure compliance with the pressure regulations and lifting gear inspection requirements
- Assisting in plant developments and projects
- Supervising and setting to work on site contractors
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records on the site CMMS
- Assist in outage planning, scheduling and coordination
- To ensure the availability of plant spares
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
- A relevant technical qualification such as a C&G / NVQ / ONC / HNC in mechanical engineering or a similar discipline
- At least 5 years of hands on maintenance experience with mechanical systems including pumps rotating equipment, compressors, gearboxes, cranes etc
- Practical knowledge of process plant and equipment gained in a heavy engineering environment such as power generation, petrochemical, steel works, CHP plant, paper mill etc. Royal Navy Marine Engineers will also be considered
- Involvement in plant mobilisation and commissioning is desirable but not essential
Package and Benefits...
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for this role as follows:
- A salary up to £34,000
- Company pension
- Excellent holidays
- The opportunity to join a brand-new facility
If you are interested in this opportunity or would like to find out more information, call Astute Technical Recruitment and speak to Dan Grosvenor or Steve Utton on 02392 288 286 or email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Shift Team Leader - New Energy from Waste Power Station
EC&I Technician - Energy from Waste Power Station
£40000 - £42500 per annum + benefits
Assistant Plant Operator - Energy from Waste
£33000 - £35000.00 per annum + 10% bonus, pension
Project Engineer - Energy from Waste
£45000 - £50000.00 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Plant Manager - Energy from Waste
Dudley, West Midlands