|Job Title:||Mechanical Technician - Energy from Waste|
|Salary:||Bonus + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||November 30, 2018|
Mechanical Engineering Technician - Energy from Waste
Salary up to £50,000 + Benefits
Astute are working with the owners of the UK's largest Energy from Waste Power Station. We require a Mechanical Engineering Technician to join their Maintenance Department to carry out reactive and preventative maintenance across the site along with assisting during outages and working on a variety of projects.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Mechanical Engineer, as Mechanical Engineering Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Performing planned and reactive maintenance work on all mechanical equipment including pumps, fans, compressors, hydraulics, valves, pipework, conveyors etc
- Supporting the Maintenance Team in the planning and coordination of site outages and project work
- Managing on site contractors and participating in the training of new staff
- Assisting with scheduled and unscheduled outage activities as required to ensure all aspects of mechanical work are completed in a safe and efficient manner
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the site CMMS / EAM
- Ensuring HSE compliance at all times
- You may be required to assist at other plants locally as business needs required.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A Mechanical Engineering qualification at least to a HNC standard or equivalent
- Experience in maintaining a wide range of mechanical plant including pumps, conveyors, compressors, fans, rotating equipment, gearboxes and pipework etc
- Previous experience with CMMS (computerised maintenance management systems)
- At least 10 years of hands on experience gained in a heavy process environment. This could be on a power station, chemical plant, refinery or a paper mill. Royal Navy Mechanical Marine Engineers would also suit (Petty officer level or above).
- Working knowledge of PSSR 2000 legislation would be highly recommended
- As would a H&S qualification such as an IOSH or NEBOSH
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A competitive salary up to £50,000
- Performance related bonus
- Company Benefits
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.