Mechanical Technician - Energy from Waste
|Job Title:||Mechanical Technician - Energy from Waste|
|Location:||Belfast, County Antrim|
|Salary:||£37000 - £42000.00 per annum + Overtime & Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||April 03, 2019 15:22|
Mechanical Technician - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Up to £42,000 + Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working with an international market leader within the Engineering industry who have recently moved into the Energy from Waste sector.
We are looking for a Mechanical Technician to join the Maintenance Team for their new Gasification Power Plant, located near Belfast Airport, this is a great opportunity for someone to gain experience within the Power Generation sector.
This plant utilises Gasification Technology, combined with a Steam Turbine, to generate ~15MW which is enough to power around 14,500 homes. As an Energy from Waste plant using Refuse Derived Fuel, the plant will also be reducing approximately 180,000 Tonnes of waste from heading to a landfill on an annual basis.
Role & Responsibilities
Your duties as a Mechanical Technician will include reporting to the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for:
- Fault finding and maintaining mechanical assets including pumps, gearboxes, valves, etc.
- Working in line with maintenance techniques and best practices
- To ensure compliance with the pressure regulations and lifting gear inspection requirements
- Assisting in plant developments and projects
- Supervising and setting to work on site contractors
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records on the site CMMS
- Assist in outage planning, scheduling and coordination
- To ensure the availability of plant spares
What you will need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A relevant technical qualification such as a C&G / NVQ / ONC / HNC in mechanical engineering or a similar discipline
- At least 5 years of hands on maintenance experience with mechanical systems including pumps rotating equipment, compressors, gearboxes, cranes etc
- Practical knowledge of process plant and equipment gained in a heavy engineering environment such as power generation, petrochemical, steel works, CHP plant, paper mill etc. Royal Navy Marine Engineers will also be considered
- Involvement in plant mobilisation and commissioning is desirable but not essential
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary up to £42,000
- Benefits package
- Opportunity to join a new build Energy from Waste power station
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to find out more, please contact Dan Grosvenor on 02392 288 286 or email a CV & Cover Letter to email@example.com.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Electrical Technician - New Energy from Waste
£36000 - £39000.00 per annum + Overtime & Benefits
Shift Operations Technician New Energy from Waste
Belfast, County Antrim
£29000 - £35400 per annum + Benefits
Electrical Technician - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Operations Manager - Energy from Waste
Car, Bonus & Benefits
Contract Coordinator - Energy from Waste