|Job Title:||Mechanical Technician - CCGT Power Station|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||May 16, 2019|
Mechanical Technician - CCGT Power Station
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We're currently recruiting a Mechanical Technician to join a CCGT Power Station capable of producing around 860MW of power. An expansion on site is nearing completion which will add a further 300MW capacity to the plant and incudes a Siemens F-Class Open Cycle Gas Turbine.
As a Mechanical Technician you would typically be responsible for the planned and reactive maintenance of the plant on all mechanical assets.
What is the job?
Reporting to the Mechanical Engineer typical duties will include:
- Fault finding, inspecting and maintaining mechanical assets across the power station including pumps, compressors, valves, turbines, pipework etc.
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the sites CMMS for maintenance management, safety systems, investigation and performance tools, document control and procedure revision systems.
- Supervising and directing contractors.
- Assisting with day-day planning, outage planning, co-ordination and management of contract support organisations.
- Carry out project work and activities as directed.
- Ensuring HSE compliance at all times.
What is required to be considered?
To be considered for this Mechanical Technician position you should have:
- At least 5 years of experience of hands on maintenance in a heavy process industry, ideally in the power generation sector
- Aa relevant engineering qualification in a mechanical engineering - HND, HNC, ONC, C&G etc.
- Significant knowledge of mechanical maintenance gained in the power generation sector - ideally CCGT. Experience in other heavy industry will be considered e.g. chemical, pharmaceutical, steel works, paper mill etc
- Excellent IT skills and the ability to use a CMMS
- Excellent team work and communication skills
- Proactive attitude towards health & safety
What is in it for me?
- A competitive salary
- 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- A contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare
If you are interested in this position and would like to find out more please call Dan Grosvenor on 02392 288 286 or send a CV with Cover Letter to email@example.com.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.