|Job Title:||Mechanical Technician - CCGT Power Station|
|Location:||Carrington, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£35000 - £41000 per annum + bonus, pension|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||April 24, 2019|
Mechanical Technician - CCGT Power Station
£35,000 - £41,000 + bonus + benefits
We're currently recruiting a Mechanical Technician to join a state of the art CCGT Power Station in the early stages of its life cycle. As a Mechanical Technician you would typically be responsible for the planned and reactive maintenance of the plant on all mechanical assets.
Located in Manchester, this is a highly efficient gas fired Power Station capable of producing 880MW, enough electricity to power 500,000 homes.
What is the job?
Reporting to the Mechanical Team Leader typical duties will include:
- Fault finding and maintaining mechanical assets across the power station including pumps, compressors, valves, turbines, pipework etc.
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the CMMS (Maximo)
- Supervising and directing contractors.
- Assisting in commissioning activities.
- Carry out project work and activities as directed.
- Ensuring HSE compliance at all times.
What is required to be considered?
To be considered for this Mechanical Technician position you should have:
- At least 5 years of experience of hands on maintenance in a heavy process industry, ideally in the power generation sector
- Aa relevant engineering qualification in a mechanical engineering - HNC, ONC, C&G etc.
- Significant knowledge of mechanical maintenance gained in the power generation sector - ideally CCGT. Experience in other heavy industry will be considered e.g. chemical, pharmaceutical, steel works, paper mill etc
- Excellent IT skills and the ability to use a CMMS
- Excellent team work and communication skills
- Proactive attitude towards health & safety
As you will form part of a call out rota candidates must demonstrate an element of flexibility towards work
What is in it for me?
- A salary between £35,000 - £41,000
- Call out payments
- 10% bonus opportunity
- 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- A contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact Steve Utton on 02392 288 215 or send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.