|Job Title:||Mechanical Technician - Biomass CHP Power Station|
|Salary:||£35000 - £40000.00 per annum + overtime + benfits|
|Contact Name:||Arjun Patel|
|Job Published:||January 2, 2019|
Mechanical Technician - Biomass CHP Power Plant
Up to £40,000 + overtime + benefits
We are currently recruiting a Mechanical Technician to join a brand new 7MW power generation site just south of Nottingham. The Mechanical Technician will be responsible for performing pre-planned and reactive maintenance of all mechanical assets on site.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, typical duties of the Mechanical Technician will include:
- Fault finding and maintaining mechanical assets including pumps, gearboxes, valves, etc.
- Working in line with maintenance techniques and best practices
- To ensure compliance with the pressure regulations and lifting gear inspection requirements
- Assisting in plant developments and projects
- Supervising and setting to work on site contractors
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records on the site CMMS
- Assist in outage planning, scheduling and coordination
- To ensure the availability of plant spares
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
To be considered for this position you will ideally have:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an NVQ / ONC / HNC in Mechanical Engineering or a similar discipline
- Hands on maintenance experience with mechanical systems including pumps, compressors, gearboxes, cranes etc
- Knowledge of The Pressure Systems Safety Regulations (PSSR)
- Practical knowledge of process plant and equipment gained in a heavy engineering environment such as power generation, petrochemical, steel works, CHP plant, paper mill etc. Royal Navy Marine Engineers will also be considered
- Involvement in plant mobilisation and commissioning is desirable but not essential
Package and Benefits...
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for the Mechanical Technician vacancy as follows:
- A salary of up to £40,000
- Company pension
- Excellent holidays
To apply for this opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 288 282 to speak to Arjun Patel
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.