Mechanical Technician Authority - Oil & Gas
|Job Title:||Mechanical Technician Authority - Oil & Gas|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||February 15, 2018 17:02|
Mechanical Technical Authority - Oil & Gas
Aberdeen OR Middlesbrough
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Mechanical engineering is a broad field including, but not limited to, pressure containment, storage tanks, rotating equipment, civils and structures. The Mechanical Technical Authority will ensure engineering risks are managed and will assure adherence to sound engineering practices, standards and processes across all operations related to their discipline.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Site Development Director, as Mechanical Technician Authority, you will be responsible for:
- Provide leadership to the Mechanical engineering discipline, to ensure engineering related risks to people, the environment, plant and the business are understood and managed systematically and effectively across company operations and projects.
- Monitor the health of the discipline engineering capability across the company and support the necessary resourcing and development of engineering staff.
- Establish and maintain required discipline engineering practices, standards and processes in line with legislative requirements and good engineering practice. These will be corporate 'level 2' documents within the Company Operating System.
- Provide, when required, suitable and sufficient discipline engineering verification for studies, projects and modifications and provide technical assurance as required to operations.
- Lead assurance activities related to their discipline concerning compliance with engineering practices, standards and processes. Monitor audit conclusions for wider group learning and follow-up actions. Participate in other audit or assurance activities as requested by the EA
- Review and approve maintenance deferrals for safety critical equipment.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering discipline, ideally with a Chartered or equivalent status (IMechE, CEng)
- NEBSOH in Health & Safety
- Considerable work experience in regulated, high hazard industries (e.g. Oil & Gas exploration and production, oil refining, gas processing chemicals manufacturing or power generation).
- Broad experience across mechanical engineering fields including pressure containment (vessels, pipework), storage tanks and rotating equipment including Gas & Steam Turbines
- Knowledge of PUWER, PSSR, LOLER, HAZOP, CDM, COMAH regulations
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent benefits package
- Expenses for travel
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Barry, Vale of Glamorgan
£12 - £20 per hour
Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
£12 - £20 per hour
Maintenance Technician - Utilities
Up to £30000 per annum + Benefits Package
Multi Skilled Technician - Utilities
Church Stretton, Shropshire
£28000.00 - £30000.00 per annum + Pension and Call Out
Mechanical Field Service Engineer - Process Plants
£32000 - £36000.00 per annum + Van + Overtime