|Job Title:||Mechanical Technician|
|Location:||Shoreham-By-Sea, West Sussex|
|Salary:||Up to £38000.00 per annum + overtime + allowance|
|Contact Name:||Luke Bennett|
|Job Published:||September 25, 2019|
Mechanical Technician - CCGT Power Station
£35,000 - £40,000 + Benefits
We are actively recruiting for a Mechanical Technician to join the Maintenance Department of a combined cycle gas turbine (CCGT) power station in the West Sussex area. The Mechanical Technician will be responsible for carrying out all PPM and reactive maintenance on mechanical equipment around the power station to ensure plant availability is maximised and downtime is kept to a minimum.
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Maintenance Team Leader, typical duties will include:
- Performing pre-planned and reactive maintenance tasks on a range of mechanical equipment including pumps, valves, compressors, gearboxes and pipework
- Assisting during major maintenance periods, shut downs, outages etc. when required to ensure maximum plant availability and efficiency
- Working alongside other technicians in the maintenance team in diagnosing faults and assisting/suggesting equipment upgrades
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the site CMMS
- Supervising and directing on site contractors when required
- Working within the company health, safety and environmental processes and procedures at all times.
There may be occasional travel to other sites to undertake maintenance activities or training
What you will need:
- A recognised technical qualification such as HNC/ONC/C&G or equivalent in mechanical engineering or similar
- At least 4 years of "hands on" experience working in the maintenance team in a heavy process environment such as a power station, refinery, chemical plant or paper mill. Royal Navy Marine Engineers will also be considered - LET/PO level ideally
- Knowledge and understanding of H&S requirements associated working on a large industrial site such as risk assessments and method statements
- Experience with CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management Systems)
- An IOSH qualification would be beneficial but is not essential to the role
What's in it for you:
- A salary up to circa £38,000 depending on experience
- A £2,000 south east allowance
- Company pension
- Overtime at 1.5x
- Share options
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please send a copy of your up to date CV to email@example.com or call 02393 910 037 to speak to Luke who can tell you more.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.