|Job Title:||Mechanical Team Leader - CCGT Power Station|
|Location:||Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||January 30, 2019|
Mechanical Team Leader - CCGT Power Station
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We are looking for a Mechanical Team Leader to join the Maintenance Department of a state of the art CCGT Power Station in South Wales. This station has a generating capacity of 525MW with a Gas Turbine, Heat Recovery Steam Generator and Steam Turbine.
As Mechanical Team Leader you'll be primarily looking after both the short term and long term maintenance on site which involves planning & supporting outages & maintenance activities
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for:
- The day to day monitoring and maintenance of all mechanical plant, ensuring maximum availability for the Power Station.
- Achieving the overall maintenance strategy.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation such as PSSR, LOLER, PUWER etc.
- Managing and supervising Contractors when on site.
- Overseeing new projects and mechanical installations and approving work specifications.
- Liaise between other disciplined departments to increase efficiency of maintenance work and minimise downtime.
- Managing the Mechanical Team's annual budget.
- Provide expertise and technical support as and when required.
- Ensure all HSE policies are adhered to and promote a strong H&S culture on site.
- Train and develop the Mechanical Technicians as part of their development plan.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- HND or a Degree in a Mechanical Engineering discipline
- At least five years supervisory experience in a CCGT, Power Station, Energy from Waste, Biomass, Steel, Refinery or similar Heavy Process Environment
- Technical knowledge of relevant legislation; PSSR, LOLER, PUWER, H&S, DSEAR
- Working experience of MS Office including MS Project and Excel and able to use a CMMS system both for inputting and maintaining data
- Experience in managing contractors and technicians
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits Package
- Opportunity to join a global power brand on a modern CCGT Power Station
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.