Mechanical Maintenance Engineer - CHP
|Job Title:||Mechanical Maintenance Engineer - CHP|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||July 26, 2018 16:36|
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer - CHP
Competitive Salary + benefits
Astute are looking for a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to join the expanding Operations & Maintenance Team on a Combined Heat and Power facility in East London. Utilising the latest technology, the site is producing ~20MW of Heat & Power from used fats, oils and greases (FOGS) from the local area.
Reporting to the Plant Manager you will be part the Maintenance Team responsible for providing engineering and maintenance solutions on site to meet KPI's such as plant availability and reliability.
What will I be doing?
Reporting in to the Plant Manager, typical duties of the Mechanical Maintenance Engineer will include:
- Delivering planned and unplanned maintenance activities, overhaul and outage programmes on a variety of Mechanical equipment which includes marine diesel engines, turbo expanders and balance of plant equipment.
- Monitor all maintenance activities through the sites CMMS to ensure all work is appropriately documented and carried out in line with maintenance plans, ensuring site safety, availability, production and reliability are considered.
- Ensure all works that are carried out are complaint, inline with regulatory policies and legislation and supporting of the ISO management system.
- Delivering plant improvement projects and continuous improvement programmes across all areas of the CHP.
- Ensure all site technical documentation is accurately recorded, stored and communicated when required.
- Managing the LTSA contracts and specialist's contracts and ensure they meet budgetary requirements.
- Supervise all internal and external staff on site including contractors ensuring H&S is adhered to at all times.
What experience does the role require?
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- A minimum HNC / ONC in a Mechanical Engineering discipline
- Ideally, solid knowledge of pressure systems safety regulations (PSSR), rotating plant turbo expanders, diesel engines, boilers etc
- Knowledge of mechanical process plant maintenance gained in a heavy process industry, ideally power generation. Other industries such as chemical, refining, steel will also be considered
- Supervisory experience in leading a team of technicians in daily maintenance practices and procedures
- Management of budgets and specialists contracts / long term service agreements
- If you have experience with Planning software such a P3 or MS Project that will be hugely advtantageous
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
- A highly competitive salary
- A contributory pension
- Excellent benefits package
- The chance to join a new CHP facility
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 288 286 and speak to Dan Grosvenor
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Mobile Service Engineer - CHP
£32000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Van, Mobile, Laptop
HV Electrical Engineer - CHP
City of Westminster, London
Up to £42500.00 per annum + Benefits
Environmental Manager - CHP
Up to £40000.00 per annum + Pension + Healthcare
Lead C&I Technician - CHP
Business Development Manager - CHP
North West England, England