Mechanical Fitter - Energy from Waste
|Job Title:||Mechanical Fitter - Energy from Waste|
|Location:||Dudley, West Midlands|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||May 03, 2019 10:22|
Mechanical Fitter- Energy from Waste
3 Month Fixed Term Contract - Immediate start
Our client own and operate a 7MW Energy from Waste Plant North West of Birmingham near the M5. We are looking for a Mechanical Technician / Fitter to join the Maintenance Team, responsible for carrying out maintenance to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the plant.
Role & Responsibilities
Your duties as a Mechanical Technician will include reporting to the Maintenance Manager you will be responsible for:
- Fault finding and maintaining mechanical assets including pumps, gearboxes, valves, etc.
- Working in line with maintenance techniques and best practices
- To ensure compliance with the pressure regulations and lifting gear inspection requirements
- Assisting in plant developments and projects
- Supervising and setting to work on site contractors
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records on the site CMMS
- Assist in outage planning, scheduling and coordination
- To ensure the availability of plant spares
What you will need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A relevant technical qualification such as a C&G / NVQ / Apprenticeship in a Mechanical Engineering field.
- Experience working on pumps, compressors, gearboxes, valves etc.
- Practical knowledge of process plant and equipment gained in a heavy engineering environment such as power generation, petrochemical, steel works, CHP plant, paper mill etc. Royal Navy Marine Engineers will also be considered.
- Strong H&S mindset with experience working to safe systems of work, permit to work, RAMS etc.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Fixed Term Contract 3 months - potential to be extended.
- Immediate start.
- Benefits package.
- Shift work 7 days on, 2 days off, 3 days on 2 days off.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to find out more, please contact Dan Grosvenor on 02392 288 286 or email a CV & Cover Letter to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Mechanical Engineer - Energy from Waste
Mechanical Technician - Energy from Waste
DOE - Bonus + Benefits
Project Engineer - Energy from Waste
£43000 - £47500.00 per annum + Car + benefits
Electrical Engineer - Energy from Waste
Plant Manager - Energy from Waste Plant
car bonus pension