Mechanical Engineer - O&M Support
|Job Title:||Mechanical Engineer - O&M Support|
|Location:||Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||March 08, 2017 11:51|
Mechanical Engineer - O&M Support
Middlesbrough + Travel
Competitive Salary + Benefits including Travel
Astute are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join the Operations & Maintenance Support Team, based in Middlesbrough, to provide Operational/Maintenance support on all on-site mechanical engineering activities, strategies and actions across numerous assets located nationwide.
Role and responsibilities
As Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Completing assigned Mechanical Engineering secondments, tasks and projects across the company's assets, ensuring all business, HSE and legislative requirements are met.
- Sharing best practise with the cross site Mechanical Group to implement across all sites.
- Developing and leading the clients Mechanical Engineering and maintenance philosophy, policies and procedures to achieve required KPIs including performance measures.
- The planning and control of Capital & Revenue budgets and projects.
- Providing guidance and support for major projects including commissioning, outages and all other planned/unplanned events and incidents.
- Providing technical advice and act as the process safety champion for all mechanical engineering activities
- Proving mechanical engineering input and reporting during site visits to operation sites.
Skills and Qualifications
To be considered for the role of Mechanical Engineer role we are looking for someone with the following criteria (essential):
- HNC/HND in a Mechanical Engineering discipline
- Working experience in a Heavy Process environment such as Energy from Waste, Power Station, Refinery, Steel works, Petrochemical site
- Experience in day to day maintenance activities including contract management and outage management
With knowledge of the following:
- Quality systems
- Insurance compliance
- Best practice standards
- HAZOP'S and LOPA's
The ideal candidate will have experience of the above and also the following desirable attributes:
- Degree Qualified or Chartered status (or working towards membership of a Engineering institution)
- Experience working on Gas and Steam Turbines
- Internal auditing experience
- Knowledge of CAD, MS Project, CMMS and Data management systems
- Certificate in management/leadership
Package and benefits
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for the Mechanical Engineer vacancy as follows:
- Competitive Salary
- Nationwide and travel abroad
- Excellent benefits package including Pension, Holidays etc
If you are interested in this opportunity or would like to find out more information, call Astute Technical Recruitment and speak to Dan Grosvenor on 02392 288 286 or email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Mechanical Engineer - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Mechanical Site Supervisor
South East England, England
Mechanical Technician - CCGT Power Station
Mechanical Technician x 2 - Energy from Waste
North London, London
Mechanical Technician x 3 - New Energy from Waste Power Station
OT + benefits