|Job Title:||Mechanical Engineer - New Energy from Waste Power Station|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||February 23, 2018|
Mechanical Engineer - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Competitive Salary + benefits
We are currently recruiting a Mechanical Engineer to join the new Javelin Park Energy from Waste plant in Gloucestershire. The Mechanical Engineer will support the Maintenance Manager in the planning, coordination and supervision of the mechanical maintenance team to ensure maximum plant reliability and availability.
The Javelin Park EFW plant will combust residual waste at a rate of 190,000 tonnes per year and produce in excess of 14 MW to export to the grid, enough to power over 25,000 homes. This plant will also cut carbon emission by 40,000 tonnes and save local taxpayers £150million.
What will I be doing?
Reporting in to the Maintenance Manager, typical duties of the Mechanical Engineer will include:
- Leading and managing a team of mechanical technicians to ensure the plant is maintained to the highest standard to ensure maximum plant availability
- Scheduling, planning and optimising all mechanical maintenance activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Supervising and directing contractors.
- Working closely with the operations department to assess and review plant performance shortfalls and how these can be rectified
- Assisting in the setting up and development of the sites Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe manner and in line with company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
What experience does the role require?
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- An engineering qualification such as a HND/HNC in mechanical engineering. Qualifications below this level will still be considered if candidates can demonstrate extensive experience
- Ideally, solid knowledge of pressure systems safety regulations (PSSR), rotating plant and boilers etc
- Knowledge of mechanical process plant maintenance gained in a heavy process industry, ideally power generation. Other industries such as chemical, refining, steel will also be considered
- Experience in leading a team of technicians in daily maintenance practices and procedures
- Involvement in plant mobilisation and commissioning experience is desirable but not essential
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
- A highly competitive salary
- A contributory pension
- The chance to join a brand new EFW facility at the very start
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 288 215 and speak to Steve Utton, Dan Grosvenor or Arjun Patel
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.