Mechanical Engineer - New Biomass Power Plant
|Job Title:||Mechanical Engineer - New Biomass Power Plant|
|Location:||Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||September 03, 2018 16:59|
Mechanical Engineer - New Biomass Power Plant
Competitive Salary + benefits
Astute are working exclusively with the O&M Contractor on the world's largest Biomass Power Station in the North East of England. Our client are global experts in Clean Energy production, covering Solar, Wind, Hydro, Thermal, Nuclear and CHP sectors. Last year, globally, they produced over 73TWh of electricity with 61% of that CO2 free.
Utilising the latest clean energy technology, the Power Station will use the world's largest circulating fluidised bed boiler. Fuelled by biomass pellets this will produce 299MW of electricity, enough power for up to 600,000 homes.
This is an exciting project which puts the North East at the forefront of Energy production in what is a period of growth and investment for the region.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to oversee all Mechanical Engineering and Maintenance on site, ensuring maximum plant availability and reliability.
Equipment under your responsibility includes Steam Boiler (Circulating Fluidised Bed), Steam Turbines, Fuel Handling Systems and Balance of Plant equipment.
What will I be doing?
Reporting in to the Maintenance Manager, typical duties of the Mechanical Engineer will include:
- Leading and managing a team of mechanical technicians to ensure the plant is maintained to the highest standard to ensure maximum plant availability
- Scheduling, planning and optimising all mechanical maintenance activities in a safe and efficient manner including shutdowns / outages
- Management of inspections, condition monitoring and reliability works, performance testing and ensuring all documentation / reports are up to date
- Assist with the management of the maintenance budget, liaising with other discipline Engineers to ensure costs are controlled
- Supervising and directing contractors
- Working closely with the operations department to assess and review plant performance shortfalls and how these can be rectified
- Assisting in the setting up and development of the sites Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe manner and in line with company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
What experience does the role require?
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- An engineering qualification such as a HND/HNC in mechanical engineering. Qualifications below this level will still be considered if candidates can demonstrate extensive experience
- Ideally, solid knowledge of pressure systems safety regulations (PSSR), rotating plant and boilers etc
- Knowledge of mechanical process plant maintenance gained in a heavy process industry, ideally power generation. Other industries such as chemical, refining, steel will also be considered
- Experience in leading a team of technicians in daily maintenance practices and procedures
- Working experience of Condition Monitoring Systems including reports and data extraction
- Involvement in plant mobilisation and commissioning experience is desirable but not essential
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
- A competitive salary
- A contributory pension
- The chance to join a brand new Biomass facility at the very start
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 288 286 and speak to Dan Grosvenor
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
O&M Manager - Biomass Power Plant
Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
Up to £50000.00 per annum + Car + Bonus
Shift Operator - New Biomass Power Station
Maintenance Supervisor - Biomass Power Station
£40000 - £42000.00 per annum + Overtime & Benefits
Shift Team Leader - Biomass Power Station
£40000 - £42500 per annum + Benefits
E&I Technician - Biomass Power Station
Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire