|Job Title:||Mechanical Engineer - Energy from Waste|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||May 9, 2019|
Mechanical Engineer - Energy from Waste
South East England
Competitive Salary + benefits
Astute are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join the maintenance team of one of the largest Energy from Waste Power Stations in England.
A vital role within the Power Station, you'll be responsible for all Mechanical equipment across the plant in addition to the project management of plant upgrades, asset integrity and statutory inspections along with outage planning, ultimately to increase reliability, availability and efficiency.
The plant has a capacity of 500,000 tonnes of waste per year making it one of the largest Energy from Waste plants in the UK.
What will I be doing?
Reporting in to the Maintenance Manager, typical duties of the Mechanical Engineer will include:
- Leading and managing a team of mechanical technicians to ensure the plant is maintained to the highest standard to ensure maximum plant availability
- Scheduling, planning and optimising all mechanical maintenance activities in a safe and efficient manner including shutdowns / outages
- Management of inspections, condition monitoring and reliability works, plant improvement projects and ensuring all documentation / reports are up to date
- Assist with the management of the maintenance budget, liaising with other discipline Engineers to ensure costs are controlled
- Supervising and directing contractors
- Working closely with the operations department to assess and review plant performance shortfalls and how these can be rectified
- Assisting in the management of the sites Computerised Maintenance Management System
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe manner and in line with company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
What experience does the role require?
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- An engineering qualification such as a HND/HNC in mechanical engineering. Qualifications below this level will still be considered if candidates can demonstrate extensive experience
- Ideally, solid knowledge of pressure systems safety regulations (PSSR), rotating plant and boilers etc
- Knowledge of mechanical process plant maintenance gained in a heavy process industry, ideally power generation. Other industries such as chemical, refining, steel will also be considered
- Experience in leading a team of technicians in daily maintenance practices and procedures
- Working experience of Condition Monitoring Systems including reports and data extraction
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
- A competitive salary
- Excellent benefits package including bonus
- A contributory pension
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 288 286 and speak to Dan Grosvenor
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.