Mechanical Engineer - Energy from Waste
|Job Title:||Mechanical Engineer - Energy from Waste|
|Salary:||Up to £48000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||June 04, 2018 10:26|
Mechanical Engineer- Energy from Waste
Up to £48,000 + Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working with a leading Waste Management company in the UK and are recruiting for a Mechanical Team Leader / Mechanical Engineer to join the Maintenance Department of their latest plant.
Working at their newest facility in Buckinghamshire, capable of diverting up to 300,000 tonnes of waste from landfill and in turn producing ~22MW of electricity. A state of the art facility with a contract in place to forge a successful career in power generation, this is an ideal opportunity to join further your Engineering skillset within the Maintenance Department.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager as Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Leading and managing a team of mechanical technicians to ensure the plant is maintained to the highest standard to ensure maximum plant availability
- Scheduling, planning and optimising all mechanical maintenance activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Supervising and directing contractors.
- Working closely with the operations department to assess and review plant performance shortfalls and how these can be rectified
- Manage and oversee the development and implementation of modifications and site improvement projects.
- Support the Maintenance Manager and work alongside the other Departmental Team Leaders in planning outages, managing site support service agreements and deputise for the Maintenance Manager.
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe manner and in line with company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Minimum of HNC / HND in a Mechanical Engineering discipline
- Strong working knowledge of the EfW / Power Generation through Steam Raising process
- IOSH / NEBOSH or relevant H&S qualification along with relevant industry knowledge of legislation; PSSR, PUWER, LOLER, etc
- Experience in supervising staff, planning maintenance activities
- Working background from Energy from Waste, Biomass, Power Generation, Refinery, Steel Works, Paper Mill or other relevant Heavy Process Industry. Royal Navy Marine Engineers (Senior Officers)
- Experience in leading a team of technicians in daily maintenance practices and procedures
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary up to £48,000
- Performance Related Bonus
- Company Pension & Benefits Package
- Opportunity to join one of the newest Energy from Waste Plants in the UK
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Electrical Maintenance Engineer - Energy from Waste
£5000 - £45000 per annum
Operations Manager - Energy from Waste
Car, Bonus & Benefits
Contract Coordinator - Energy from Waste
Electrical Technician - New Energy from Waste
£36000 - £39000.00 per annum + Overtime & Benefits
Shift Operator - New Energy from Waste
Belfast, County Antrim
£23000 - £27200.00 per annum + Benefits