|Job Title:||Mechanical Engineer - CCGT Power Station|
|Salary:||£35000 - £50000 per annum + 10% bonus, pension|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||September 27, 2019|
Mechanical Engineer - CCGT Power Station
£35,000 - £50,000 + bonus
We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer to work at a combined cycle gas turbine power station in the Kent area. Using CCGT technology this plant has the capacity to produce 420MW of electricity and consists of gas turbines, HRSG boilers, steam turbines, generators, water treatment plant, pumps, motors, compressors and much more. The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for delivering cost effective short, medium and long-term engineering solutions for the plant.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Lead Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Acting as the site expert for all mechanical equipment and rotating plant, focusing on plant integrity and plant life maintenance
- Ensuring maintenance plans and targets are achieved safely, on time and within budget
- Deliver engineering best practice across all stations
- Developing asset management strategies
- Providing mechanical engineering support to the workshop team
- Implementing maintenance techniques and best practices
- Identifying areas of improvement
- Engineering and managing mechanical plant developments/ projects
- Managing high value maintenance contracts
- Directing mechanical technicians and contractors
- Ensuring HSE compliance at all times
This role is primarily based in Kent but would require occasional travel to other sites.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A degree / HND / HNC in mechanical engineering or similar discipline
- Excellent technical knowledge of large rotating plant and associated equipment such as Gas and Steam Turbines, HRSG Boilers, Pumps, Cooling Towers, Compressors etc.
- Ideally, engineering experience in the power generation sector but candidates from Refineries, Paper Mills or other sources of power generation will be considered
- Knowledge of budgets and contract management
- The ability to handle multiple work projects running together
- The highest regards for health, safety and environmental compliance
- A valid driving licence is essential for this role as travel to other sites will be required
Fresh mechanical engineering graduates looking to start their career in power generation are also encouraged to apply
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A salary between £35,000 - £50,000 depending on experience
- A performance related bonus up to 10%
- 28 days holiday + 8 BH
- Additional benefits
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 215 and ask to speak to Steve Utton who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.