|Job Title:||Mechanical Engineer|
|Salary:||Up to £275 per day|
|Contact Name:||Kelly Clarke|
|Job Published:||June 25, 2019 16:06|
Mechanical Engineer - Nuclear
Dounreay - Scotland
Our client, a leading company working within the Nuclear Energy sector, currently require a Mechanical Engineer to join the operations team at a busy nuclear power plant in Scotland. The ideal candidate will have five years' experience in an engineering background.
As a Mechanical Engineer you will work on systems and equipment, delivering mechanical engineering work that will include specification, calculation, analysis, design, verification and/or assessment. There may also be an opportunity to act as a Commissioning Engineer, as and when required by the Project Teams.
Role & Responsibilities
- Control develop and monitor plans and procedures.
- Develop appropriate solutions for operational problems.
- Write Technical Specifications.
- Apply health, safety, environmental and waste management processes with engineering activities taking advice where necessary from appropriate specialists.
- Monitor implementation of plans and procedures to ensure compliance with project schedules, safety procedures and legislation.
- Liaise effectively with regulators and stakeholders on specific projects.
- Develop requirement specifications, technical specification and other design related documentation for major projects.
- Develop and review discipline specific engineering drawings.
- Carrying out system and equipment commissioning in line with commissioning and test documentation.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- HNC in Engineering or equivalent qualifications plus experience.
- At least 5 years Engineering and Industrial experience.
- Good attention to detail commensurate with safety-critical design
- Good PC skills including use of MS Office tools in a networked environment
- Experience of producing scheme/concept designs for EPC projects
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Good organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- The ability to communicate effectively with staff/contractors at all levels is essential.
- Ability to apply engineering processes to achieve engineering solutions
- £275 day rate
- 12-month contract
If you are interested in this role, please contact Kelly Clarke on 02393910035 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's