|Job Title:||Mechanical Engineer|
|Salary:||Up to £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Lauren White|
|Job Published:||October 25, 2018 15:35|
Job Title - Mechanical Engineers
Location - Basildon
Salary - £36,000 - £40,000
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to join our client on their Waste Processing Facility over in Basildon. Our client is an International Recycling and Resource Management company, operating over 200 specialist treatment plants worldwide. Their new plant in Basildon is a fully operational Mechanical Biological Treatment facility processing residential waste from Essex.
The position will see you working within the plant Maintenance team, where you will be responsible for the planned and reactive mechanical maintenance on the processing plant, adhering to strict health and safety procedures at all times.
- To attend and address equipment breakdowns effectively and efficiently.
- To plan and carry out planned preventative Maintenance on all plant and equipment aiming to achieve maximum plant availability, with zero unplanned down time.
- Supervise the daily, weekly and monthly preventative maintenance inspections.
- Conduct safety compliance inspections and maintain records.
- Ensure that programmed work is completed on time to the satisfaction of business requirement.
- Working to health and safety, environmental other standards as they apply to the process.
- Maintaining standard operating procedures as required.
- Use radio frequency equipment as required.
- Manage external buildings/service maintenance contracts (pat testing, fire alarms, compressor etc.)
- Develop/document training material to facilitate transfer of skills and knowledge.
- Effective and economical control of critical spares for all key processes.
- Experience of working with engineering drawings.
- Provide training, work direction and guidance.
- Adhere to safe working practice and procedures including and not limited to lockout, tag out, confined space and working at heights etc.
- Operate a variety of equipment including loaders, forklifts, high lifts, cranes, cherry pickers.
The Ideal candidate:
Working as part of the Maintenance team past knowledge on a MBT / Recycling / Material Processing / FMCG / etc. would be advantageous. Although Mechanically biased a good working knowledge and day to day dealing with Electrics would be considered desirable. The plant consists of specialist equipment including conveyors, compactors, shredders, trommels, optical sorting equipment, current separators, motors, gearboxes, hydraulic and pneumatic kit so previous experience is beneficial.
With a predominantly mechanical background, combined with a basic electrical understanding you will need to be able to demonstrate formal training ideally at Engineering Apprenticeship level (or equivalent time served experience). Candidates qualified to City & Guilds/NVQ level 3 or recognised engineering qualifications would be preferred.
This is a Days shift role. Please only apply if this is suitable.
For a confidential discussion and further details please forward your CV to Lauren White at email@example.com or call 02392222965.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£250.00 - £350.00 per day
Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Up to £34000.00 per annum
£15 - £18 per hour
City of London, London
Up to £35000.00 per annum + car bonus
Lead Maintenance Engineer - East London - £40k
£96 - £40000.00 per annum