|Job Title:||Mechanical Design Engineer|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £60000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Dan Parker|
|Job Published:||February 21, 2019|
Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary negotiable DOE
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS ROLE ALL APPLICANTS MUST ALREADY HOLD OR BE ELIGIBLE TO OBTAIN UK SC LEVEL SECURITY CLEARANCE - APPLICANTS THAT DO NOT FULFILL THIS CRITERIA WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
I'm looking to speak with an ambitious Mechanical Design Engineer that's keen to develop their career by joining an established, successful, and genuinely innovative engineering firm delivering the design, manufacture, assembly, and support of unique communications solutions to a range of demanding highly regulated industries.
Complementing the electronics hardware design team, you will be responsible for creating designs for bespoke enclosures ranging from hand portable to vehicle mounted communications solutions for the defence and security sectors.
You will expect to be responsible for:
- Designing, developing and supporting mechanical engineering aspects of company products
- Supporting the production team, to include iterative design review
- Production of support documentation to include assembly drawings and build files
- Concept capture and product specification from client meetings and review process
- Collaboration with other disciplines within the business and supply chain to deliver the best product
- Customer support throughout product implementation
With several years already spent in a mechanical design role involved with low volume bespoke electro mechanical products, you will have a passion to deliver over and above the core requirement, innovating at the leading edge of the sector.
Close co-operation between all elements of the design, production and test process is key, and the successful candidate will be one that seeks to engage with their colleagues, add value at every opportunity and proactively utilise lessons learned to develop their own and the company's overall best practice.
You will hold:
- Degree in relevant engineering discipline
- Demonstrable experience of CAD design for enclosures, to include manufacturing process
- Detailed knowledge of materials selection eg. aluminium, steel, ABS, plastics etc.
- Knowledge of connectors, sealing, finishes, labelling, packaging etc.
Knowledge of the following would be advantageous
- 3D printing
- Human Factors engineering
- Injection moulding
- CNC machining
What's on offer
The opportunity to be part of an engineering business that is owned and run by engineers with a passion for excellence and a track record of success that has seen steady and confident growth since the company formed.
An excellent starting salary alongside genuine development prospects will reward someone that is keen to build their career in this role. Personal achievement is welcomed, recognised and rewarded, and the right individual will have the opportunity to significantly affect the entire business.
How to apply
Please call Dan Parker directly on 02392 222 961 to discuss your suitability for the opportunity and its responsibilities and requirements in greater detail or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.