Mechanical CAD Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Mechanical CAD Design Engineer|
|Location:||West Midlands, West Midlands|
|Contact Name:||Mark Smith|
|Job Published:||June 06, 2016 08:53|
Job Title: Mechanical CAD Design Engineer
Salary: £32,000 - £35,000
Location: West Midlands
Job Summary: To be responsible for the design and specification of pipework, steelwork and associated equipment for the Water, Petrochemical & Process Industries.
Accountability: Working individually or as part of a team depending on size of project.
Reporting directly to the Project Manager and liaising with clients, the fabrication works and site installation teams.
& Skills: Experience of Solidworks 3D CAD Design Software is essential in order to produce detailed Assembly Drawings and Fabrication Drawings direct from the 3D model and have extensive knowledge of pipework and mechanical systems.
Must be able to read P&ID's, Equipment GA's and Pipe Routing drawings.
Qualifications: Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- To produce drawings in compliance with company standards from engineers sketches
- To amend drawings as necessary in line with engineers and clients instructions
- To maintain drawing registers in line with status of drawings
- To produce designs for pipework, steelwork and associated items
- On instruction from site supervisors / engineer prepare drawings and issue instructions to sub-contractors as required
- To maintain electronic copies of drawings and documents on company server as per internal procedures
- Undertake site surveys
- Liaise with clients regarding design
- Prepare schedules for procurement / fabrication
- Check drawings for accuracy produced by others
If you would like to hear more about this position then please send you CV to email@example.com or call me on 02392 222 964
Astute Technical Recruitment / AstuteJobs are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's