MBT Operational Supervisor
|Job Title:||MBT Operational Supervisor|
|Salary:||Up to £31000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Emily Ward|
|Job Published:||May 14, 2019 17:07|
MBT Operational Supervisor
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work with one of the UK's leading resource, recycling and waste management companies as an MBT Operational Supervisor at one of their key London plants. The MBT is an innovated design bringing mechanical pre-treatment and composting technologies together treating 87,500 tonnes of Municipal Solid Waste per year.
Reporting into the MBT Manager, the Operational Supervisor will be responsible for the daily operations of the plant, driving a team of engineers, promoting performance and enable efficient maintenance inspections.
Main duties will include:
- Ensuring the plant is operational within the limits of the environmental permit.
- Investigation of any H&S concerns and ensuring the plant and staff H&S are a priority at all times.
- Responsibility for the daily stock of incoming and outgoing waste and recyclates, ensuring samples are taken regularly of the output fuel & recyclate to manage the quality.
- Team management of 5 - work allocation/rotas, monitoring absence and lateness and actively working to reduce this.
- Full handovers given to the following operational shift with the relevant information.
- Monitor/record the plant's daily operational performance, reporting to the operations and maintenance teams and offering suggestions for improvements in quality and efficiency.
- Review the air treatment system's conditions to ensure it is running at its optimal level.
- Assisting the MBT Manager with KPI reporting.
Previous team management and development is essential for this role as you will be managing a small team of 5 engineers on the plant. You will have experience working within an MBT/waste treatment facility, as well as previous exposure to Health & Safety would be an advantage in this role. The candidate will have an electrical bias with a good working mechanical understanding, or background in Chemistry or Biology would be desirable.
How to apply
For a confidential discussion and further details please forward your CV to Emily Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02393 910 033.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Plant Maintenance Supervisor - £30k - Aylesbury
Up to £30000.00 per annum
Engineering Supervisor - Nights - Essex
£47000 - £48000 per annum
Mechanical Engineer - Days - £40k - Essex
Up to £40000.00 per annum
Electrical Maintenance Technician
Wigan, Greater Manchester
Up to £33300.00 per annum
Unit Manager - East Midlands - £47k plus package
£45000.00 - £47500.00 per annum + Car and Bonus