|Job Title:||Manufacturing Technician|
|Salary:||£23000.00 - £25000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Dan Parker|
|Job Published:||October 17, 2018 17:04|
I'm looking to speak with people keen to pursue or continue a career in high precision engineering manufacture with an industry leading organisation that has a reputation for delivering world first breakthroughs in the field of fabrication, analysis and manipulation of matter at an atomic scale.
As a mechanical manufacturing technician within the nanoscience team, you will be responsible for planning, prioritising and managing your own workload in line with the team production plan in order to meet all personal deliverables for schedule, quality, and safety in a low volume / high precision engineering environment.
You will expect to be responsible for the following duties:
- Supporting 100% schedule adherence by planning, prioritising and co-ordinating all available resources to achieve work programmes in line with the cell plan
- Maintaining a flexible attitude and approach to changing requirements and priorities
- Recognising team customers, both internal and external and striving to fully satisfy their needs.
- Establishing and maintaining close and effective working relationships with other members of the team.
- Using agreed measures, monitoring and reporting on existing processes, indicating the need for corrective action as required
- Working in a manner that ensures safety of self and others
- Being aware of and ensuring personal and team compliance with Health and Safety policy and procedures
- Ensuring all personal protective equipment is used in compliance with Health & Safety guidelines.
Building on a firm academic or vocational base in a relevant engineering discipline, you will have several years' experience in a similar environment, ideally to involve the manufacture of complex electro mechanical systems.
You will be able to demonstrate competence in many of the following tasks, with the capacity to upskill in any areas that you currently lack:
- Practical skills relating to mechanical assembly of complex systems
- Soft and hard soldering
- Reading and working to engineering drawings
- HSE compliance and engagement in all areas
- PC literate to include MS Office Suite
You will also be educated to modern apprenticeship or HNC standard in a relevant engineering discipline.
What's on offer
With this role you've got the opportunity to join a world leading organisation that is not just globally respected for their previous achievements in their field, but that is focused on continuing to innovate and make new breakthroughs, supported by incredible facilities and surrounded by subject matter experts that create an environment for success.
There is a proven internal development path from technician through to engineer, with support and training given to help motivated candidates achieve their full potential. Permanent staff will enjoy a comprehensive benefits package alongside a generous salary offer dependent on your skills and relevant experience.
How to apply
To apply, please call Dan Parker on 02392 222 961 or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
C&I Maintenance Technician
Up to £20.00 per hour
C&I Maintenance Technician
Up to £20.00 per annum
Mechanical Design Lead
£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
Salford, Greater Manchester
£27000 - £28000.00 per annum + Benefits package
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum