Maintenance Technician / Engineer - Recycling - West Sussex
|Job Title:||Maintenance Technician / Engineer - Recycling - West Sussex|
|Location:||Arundel, West Sussex|
|Salary:||£32000.00 - £36000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Chris Jones|
|Job Published:||December 06, 2017 10:19|
Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician / Engineer - Recycling - West Sussex
Location - West Sussex
Salary- £32,000 - £36,000
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Technician to join our client's operations team based at Ford in West Sussex.
Due to continuing business success and growth they now have a fantastic opportunity available for a Maintenance Technician to join their team in Ford, working 47.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday with occasional weekends.
The purpose of the role
To plan, organise and where necessary to undertake preventative, planned and breakdown maintenance to the plant and ancillary equipment. Working with the operational team, the engineering section and with third party contractors providing a safe and efficient service ensuring that Health & Safety is complied with at all times and that all procedures and safe systems of work are adhered to at all times.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to
- To plan, organise and where necessary to undertake preventative, planned and breakdown maintenance to plant and equipment.
- To ensure continuous improvement projects are seen through to a successful conclusion
- To uphold and exceed standards of safety ensuring all work areas are kept tidy by adopting a "clean as you go" approach at all times
- To be aware of budget and stock control and maintain shift paperwork to the required standards
- To communicate effectively and in a timely manner
- To ensure the completion of the PPM tasks and formulate improved maintenance practices.
Qualifications, role specific knowledge & skills
To be successful in this role, you will need a formal engineering qualification alongside a proven track record of working within an Engineering environment in a multi-skilled role.
You will also need
Computer literate with knowledge of MS Word, Excel
- Full driving licence
- Knowledge of hydraulic/pneumatic systems.
- Working knowledge on a range of heavy industrial engineering including conveyors, motors, gearboxes, trommels, compactors, shredders, etc.
- Experience working with low levels of supervision in a high-pressure production environment
- Experience of PLC control systems and inverter drives
There is a salary of up to £36,000 plus a full benefits package for this challenging role.
If you are interested in applying for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 023 92 288214 and speak to Chris Jones direct.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Mechanical Maintenance Technician
West Sussex, England
£33000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
Engineering Manager - Recycling - Nottinghamshire - £50K+
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Car plus extras
£30 - £35 per hour
Shift Electrical Technician - Heavy Industrial Plant
Crawley, West Sussex
£35000 - £38000 per annum + benefits
LGV Technician / Mechanic - Leicester - Up to £35k
£33000.00 - £35000.00 per annum