Maintenance Technician - Energy from Waste
|Job Title:||Maintenance Technician - Energy from Waste|
|Contact Name:||Lewis Walsh|
|Job Published:||October 25, 2017 12:25|
Maintenance Technician - Energy from Waste Power Station
Competitive Salary + Benefits Package
Co. Meath, Republic of Ireland
About the client…
Our client is a reputable European waste management company, with a proven track record. With over 30 years of business in Ireland, their trademark is delivering high quality, cost-effective services in the municipal, industrial and specialist hazardous waste market. In 2015, our client managed over 5,000,000 tonnes of waste. Whilst the group operates across Europe and employs over 1600 people, you would be joining the Ireland & UK region.
We are currently recruiting a mechanical Maintenance Technician to join the Maintenance Department of an established Energy from Waste Power Station near Drogheda in County Meath. This plant went operational in 2011. In the first three years of operation, this site accepted 600,000 tonnes of waste, recovered 11,500 tonnes of metals, operated for 22,000 hours and received 1,800 visitors. Most importantly, the plant converted this stream of waste into 342,000 MWh of energy and provided electricity to 97,000 houses. You will prepare, execute and/or supervise repair, maintenance and shutdown activities related to the Plant equipment and infrastructure.
Role & Responsibilities
As Maintenance Technician, reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Fault finding and maintaining mechanical assets including pumps, gearboxes, valves, conveyors, steam boiler, transport systems, high pressure steam networks, fans etc.
- Undertaking analysis on equipment via vibration analysis, oil analysis etc
- Working as a member of the Emergency Response Team for confined space rescues, rescues from heights, firefighting and biochemical hazards/spills.
- Assisting in plant developments and projects
- Supervising, troubleshooting with and working with onsite contractors
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records on the site CMMS (SAP)
- Assisting in outage planning, scheduling and coordination
- Ensuring the availability of plant spares
- Operating within the safe systems of work (SSOW) and conducting risk assessments
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
To be considered, you will have the following:
- A completed mechanical/maintenance apprenticeship
- At least 2 years of hands on maintenance experience with mechanical systems including pumps, compressors, gearboxes, cranes etc
- Practical knowledge of process plant and equipment gained in a heavy engineering environment such as power generation, petrochemical, steel works, CHP plant, paper mill, metallurgy, cement etc. Marine Engineers will also be considered
- Minimum qualification of Leaving Cert. Preferably a Higher Certificate or Advanced Certificate in a relevant field.
Package and benefits
What's on offer for you:
- A competitive starting salary with room for progression
- Benefits including pension, bonus, on call allowance, holidays and potential for overtime
- An opportunity to join an established Energy from Waste site
How to Apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call +44 2392 288 208 and speak to Lewis Walsh who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Assistant Maintenance Manager - Energy from Waste
Knaresborough, North Yorkshire
Electrical Technician - Energy from Waste
C&I Technician - Energy from Waste Power Station
Mechanical Technician x 2 - Energy from Waste
North London, London
C&I Technician x 2 - New Energy from Waste Plant