|Job Title:||Maintenance Technician - Biomass Power Station|
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands|
|Salary:||Overtime & Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||May 31, 2019|
Maintenance Technician - Biomass Gasification
South East Birmingham
Competitive Salary + Overtime + Benefits
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Technician to join a relatively new biomass power station in the South East Birmingham area. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to join a new site within the Power Sector utilising the latest in Advanced Thermal Treatment Technology.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, as the Maintenance Technician your typical duties will include:
- Performing pre-planned and reactive maintenance tasks on a range of mechanical, control / instrument and electrical equipment including motors, valves, rotating plant, pumps, switchgear variable speed drives and conveyor systems
- Assisting during major maintenance periods, shut downs, outages etc. when required to ensure maximum plant availability and efficiency
- Working alongside other technicians in the maintenance team in diagnosing faults and assisting/suggesting equipment upgrades
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the site CMMS
- Supervising and directing on site contractors when required
- Working within the company health, safety and environmental processes and procedures at all times.
Requirements and Qualifications
To be considered for the Maintenance Technician vacancy, candidates should have:
- A recognised engineering apprenticeship along with an HNC/ONC in either a mechanical, control & instrument or electrical engineering discipline
- At least 4 years of experience working in the maintenance team in a heavy process environment such as a power station, refinery, chemical plant or paper mill. Multi skilled Royal Navy Marine Engineers will also be considered
- Experience with CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management System) would be an advantage
If successful, the company have on offer the following:
- Competitive Salary
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send an up to date CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Dan Grosvenor on 02392 288 286.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.