Maintenance Team Leader - Waste & Power
|Job Title:||Maintenance Team Leader - Waste & Power|
|Salary:||£42000 per annum + 15% bonus, pension|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||March 09, 2017 16:06|
Maintenance Team Leader - Waste & Power
£42,000 + Bonus + Benefits
We are recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer / Team Leader to join the maintenance department of a state of the art waste treatment facility and energy from waste power station in the West Yorkshire area. You will play a lead role in supporting the Maintenance Manager in his responsibilities for the maintenance of the mechanical pre-treatment facility and EFW plant in organising and managing the sites maintenance function (mech, elec and C&I) to ensure high plant availability.
As a Maintenance Engineer, your duties will include but may not be limited to:
- Optimisation of the mechanical pre-treatment plant to ensure a smooth operation with minimal downtime
- Day to day management and supervision of all maintenance related activities on site at the MPT plant as well as the EFW site. This includes planning of work and coordination of the maintenance department to ensure maximum plant availability.
- Log maintenance information and data using the site CMMS
- Propose, plan and budget for plant modifications and improvements
- Supervise and record the maintenance team's daily workload ensuring suitable cover for holidays etc.
- Developing method statements and risk assessments for carrying out maintenance tasks
- Manage and control maintenance sub-contractors
- Ensuring all activities are carried out to the highest standard of health and safety
Requirements / Qualifications
To be considered for the Maintenance Engineer vacancy, candidates should have:
- A minimum of a HNC or equivalent in engineering or similar discipline (mechanical, electrical or C&I) and ideally a time served apprenticeship
- Experience in a supervisory or team leader capacity on a heavy process facility e.g. power station, steel works, chemical plant, paper mill, refinery, waste management site etc.
- A solid understanding of a range of electro mechanical plant including LV/HV equipment, motors, variable speed drives, conveyors, cranes and boiler and steam plant.
- A good knowledge of H&S legislation and safe working systems who can lead, manage, direct, coach and motivate the maintenance team.
- Knowledge of CMMS systems - SAP ideally
- IOSH or NEBOSH would be a bonus.
You will be expected to be flexible with your approach to work and be prepared to work some weekends during busy outage periods
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
- A basic salary circa £42,000
- A performance related bonus up to 15%
- A contributory pension
- Additional benefits
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 288 215 and speak to Steve who can tell you more
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Maintenance Team Leader - Energy from Waste
Birmingham, West Midlands
£35000 per annum + car, bonus, pension
Shift Team Leader - New Energy from Waste Power Station
East Lothian, Scotland
£47000 - £48000 per annum + bonus, pension
Maintenance Team Leader - Biomass
£35000 - £52000.00 per annum
Shift Team Leader - CCGT Power Station
£55000 - £57000 per annum + bonus,
Shift Team Leader - New Build Energy from Waste
Belfast, County Antrim
£38000 - £40000.00 per annum + Shift Pay + Benefits