|Job Title:||Maintenance Shift Supervisor|
|Salary:||£42000 - £42750 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Nixon|
|Job Published:||April 5, 2019|
£42,000 + Package
4 on/ 4 off rolling shift pattern - Days/Nights
We are currently looking to recruit a Maintenance Shift Supervisor to join one of the leading Waste Management businesses across the UK. Working as the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for working with an established team of multiskilled engineers and operational personnel at a busy depot in Barking to ensure all planned, preventative and reactive maintenance as well as all operational activities are managed safely and effectively on-site.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for…
- Ensuring that the site maintenance team is organised, staffed and managed within the business Operating Procedures
- To manage all reactive and planned maintenance, prioritising works ensuring all tools, parts and materials are available
- Directly manage the shift multi-skilled Engineers and operational personnel to deliver safe and efficient operation of the depot.
- Ensure all contractors brought on-site have adequate site inductions and all personnel adhere to site safe working regulations.
- All on-site contractor's and site RAMS
- Co-ordinate and motivate shift-based teams (maintenance and operations) to exceed performance expectations.
- Identify any training and development needs and supporting all continuous improvement projects on-site.
- Manage suppliers and contractors to ensure their compliance to maintenance and safety, quality and service delivery.
- Assist in mechanical and electrical plant upgrades as assigned by the Maintenance Manager and ensure they are completed on time and effectively.
- Carry out maintenance tasks diligently and in good time using appropriate methodology
- Ownership of the SHEQ culture and behaviour, driving best practice on shift.
This role is working on a 4 on/ 4 off rolling shift pattern covering days and nights so a flexible attitude to work is a must.
To be considered for this position, candidates will be expected to have a background working in an engineering management position working on a busy and hands-on industrial facility. Experience within the manufacturing or Waste Management industry would be an advantage as well as technical knowledge of manufacturing equipment and processes maintenance as well as a good understanding of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
Candidates will also be expected to have a HNC/ degree level engineering qualification or equivalent as well as a current IOSHH qualification
Due to the nature of this role, you must hold a valid UK driving licence and have experience working in a heavy industrial environment.
What's on offer
- £42,000 basic salary
- 23 days holiday
- Competitive package
How to apply
To apply, please call Gemma Nixon on 02392 222 964 or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.